Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I Suck At Organizing

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm not very good at organizing and I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers. How to get rid of clutter and such.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I put all papers into folders and i use shoe boxes for important items. Everything has its place and if it doesnt i either make one or get rid of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM
i suck at it too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama032908
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Yup, this is me too!

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I put all papers into folders and i use shoe boxes for important items. Everything has its place and if it doesnt i either make one or get rid of it

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Any thing you did not wear/use this winter take it to the goodwill or homeless shelter.

Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I'm not good! sad

black.eyeliner
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to keep it simple. That is a big thing.

Do one room at a time. Start in one corner of the room and look at everything. If you need it/use it/love it then keep it. If not then put it into a donation box and get it out of the house. Work around the room in a circle till you went through everything. 

Then put like items into jars or baskets. I love this method. I put pen, pencils, mixing spoons, knitting needles, buttons, beads, paper clips, etc into jars. I find the jars at the second hand store I donate my stuff to. Just mason jars or vases will do.

For filing you only need 12 files for bills. Label them by month and put everything from the month in the file after it is paid. Keep everything for one year. Then when the new month comes open the file and shred everything in it. You don't need it anymore. Keep only 5 years of taxes. Each year shred just one file that is too old now. Make a 3 ring binder with plastic sleeves. Put birth certificates, marriage records, and other important documents in there. One stop record keeping. 

KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I'm terrible at it. Bunp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

with the exception of important paperwork ie: taxes, insurance paper work, etc, If we haven't used it, worn it, or played with it in 3 months it goes out the door.

For dd's toys if we don't have all the pieces/parts then we don't keep it. Same with puzzles. Her toy room has designated bins with picture labels so she knows where everything and all like things stay together

Sophie4910
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Get rid of anything you dont use
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Pinterest has been my saviour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)