Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scabies...EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 25 Replies

Has anyone ever dealt with scabies? and how did you clean up your house and what not.. and what did you do about your pets?

Are you suppose to get new dots after treatment?
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
my mom had it after staying at a hotel a few years ago...i dont know what she did to get rid of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dqsmami06
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

dealing with it now. Treated all of us with Permethrin Cream, laundered clothes worn even a couple days ahead in HOT water. Tied up ALL toys in a bag and it will be sitting in them for 10 days. Wash ALL bedding in hot water. Sanitized everything including vehicle upholstery. SteamVac all my carpets. Yes i did all that today and i'm 20 weeks preggo. Its going around in the schools and nursing home where I used to work at. 

holmes212
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Thanks for the quick replys ive never heard of them until now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM
What is scabies? i've never heard of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

There was a breakout of Scabies in the Sophomore dorm on my college campus 3 years ago.  They had to quarantine all the students who got it and take care of sanitizing all of their rooms and their belongings.  Lucky for me it didn't make it to the upperclassmen housing.

Firenygirl180
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Human scabies is caused by an infestation of the skin by the human itch mite (Sarcoptes scabieivar. hominis). The microscopic scabies mite burrows into the upper layer of the skin where it lives and lays its eggs. The most common symptoms of scabies are intense itching and a pimple-like skin rash. The scabies mite usually is spread by direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact with a person who has scabies.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

What is scabies? i've never heard of them.

aubsmom09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Bump!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I have never had to deal with scabies but I wish you good luck on trying to get rid of them.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I have never had to deal with scabies but I wish you good luck on trying to get rid of them.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)