Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colton Dixon voted off Idol 4/19

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm sad to see him go...if anyone deserved to go it was elise...

Randy thought he was at a "Colton Dixon concert" after he saw his performance of "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM

it's the internet...you can choose to stay off til you watch it..

Quoting brittonJ:

It's not the end of the world, but it did spoil the show for me. My feelings are valid whether anyone cares or not - saying "it's not the end of the world" does absolutely nothing to minimize my feelings that she shouldn't put who was voted off in the title.

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Wow! Chill out. It's not the end of the world.

Quoting brittonJ:

Why would you post this? It's on 6:34 Pacific time and you've ruined tonight's show for me. Instead of putting the title as "Colton Dixon voted off" say "American Idol contestant voted off - SPOILER"

Jerk. :(

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

that's what i dont like ...why call me a jerk? she could have expressed it without name calling...if i dont wanna see a result...i stay offline...that is common sense

Quoting Charizma77:

Quoting brittonJ:

I agree with what you wrote except the jerk part, no need for that. I would have been bummed too and most people do put spoiler in the title but I know for me when I don't want to see any spoilers I avoid the Internet. Facebooks the worst for spoiling shows!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

i dont rank Idol as the most important thing in my life...so spoilers do not bother me and most people...it is a just a show...i would never get upset with a person and call them a jerk like that

If I want to avoid a spoiler about something I stay off the internet...YES...stay off the internet...as I may not be the only person posting about Idol on CM..that's my advice...why call someone a JERK instead of just saying it in a nicer way...im more than happy to label posts as spoilers but not when people call me a jerk or rude etc...i stand by what I said...stay off the internet...which is what I do...i dont live in a bubble and expect the world to do as I say so Idol wont be ruined for me...

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I'm not trying to be mean but you're saying that this girl who was waiting to watch AI because she lived on the West Coast shouldn't have even gone on CafeMom for fears that there would be a spoiler about the show?  I am sorry but I think that if you are going to give a spoiler about a show you should at least show consideration to those who may have not seen it yet and put in the title a warning that it is a spoiler.  It's called courtesy!!!

Quoting aneela:

exactly...when im waiting to watch a match or something...i do no go online at all...until after i have watched the game...otherwise I know there is a possibility of seeing the match result...its MY FAULT if I go online ..i wouldnt blame another person for them posting about something they like or whatever....this group isnt an AI discussion group...we have posts about all sorts of things...

Quoting mcbethie:

ITS ALL OVER INTERNET EACH WEEK RIGHT AFTER THEY GET VOTED OFF.  MY ADVICE IS NOT TO BE LOOKING ABOUT AMERICAN IDOL TIDBITS BEFORE YOUR SHOW COMES ON EACH WEEK.   AND LET US DISCUSS OUR DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN WE CHOOSE.  THATS WHY WE LIVE IN GOOD OLD AMERICAN.  AMEN!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM

he definitely deserved to still be there

Quoting amy7243:

:( He was my favorite.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Quoting mrswillie:

I dont watch

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

yeah i think he missed the mark this week...glad he realised it though when he got the result

Quoting connietrrll:

I think Elise is a great singer. It is hard at this point, because they are all good, and unfortunately it is a popularity contest. If people like that person, that week, they vote to keep them on. Unfortunately, people did not vote to keep him!

connietrrll
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I do hope he does get to make some cd's! I love his voice!!!

Quoting aneela:

yeah i think he missed the mark this week...glad he realised it though when he got the result

Quoting connietrrll:

I think Elise is a great singer. It is hard at this point, because they are all good, and unfortunately it is a popularity contest. If people like that person, that week, they vote to keep them on. Unfortunately, people did not vote to keep him!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM

wow

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

yep...i think he will go into the christian contemporary and rock genres...he will do well

Quoting connietrrll:

I do hope he does get to make some cd's! I love his voice!!!

Quoting aneela:

Quoting connietrrll:

daerca574
by Danya on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I'd like to see Holly go next week!  But as long as Phillip Phillips is on I'm ok with whoever goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)