Group Home

Smarter Fashion: 5 Kid Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 48 Replies

We just signed Kiddo up for camp...which got me thinking about summer clothes. Switching from her mismatched, knee-high Hello Kitty socks and boots to more appropriate, no-sock park sandals, getting some swimsuits and finding shorts that aren't too short on all on my to-do list.

Looking around the store windows, I'm seeing so many cute kid spring clothes. From warm-weather basics to this summer's hot trends, here's what I'm thinking about getting:

--  Hat. A must, right? But finding one that will stay on and that the kid will actually wear is a toughie. I like old school hats like this fisherman one in mini-version. The denim is neutral enough, it could work for boys or girls.

-- Water shoes. It is on the list for her camp as they swim everyday, but if you head to the neighborhood pool or the playground that has an elephant sprinkler, these are perfect for little feet.

-- Color. Color block and bright hues are huge for us big kids, but it seems to have dribbled down to the kids' area too. Big bold yellows and oranges are totally in this season, which makes my daughter super happy as yellow is her favorite.

-- Butterflies. These winged friends always pop up, but they are swarming tees and shorts and every other piece of clothing for girls lately. This jumper is so adorable.

-- Tie-dyed look. Great for boys or girls, this design is always hip and happening for summertime.

What is your go-to item for your kids in the warmer weather?

ŠiStockphoto.com/serafima

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Sandals are a must! Hats and I get them sunglasses as well. I get my little one hats that velcro under the neck so he will keep it on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM

shirts and sandals

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

awh. the fisherman is adorable as well as the jumper.

millerbunch
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

tank and shorts.. flip flops.. swim suit.. summer dresses for the younger ones.

midnghtsprnkle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

these are great ideas, however mine I can no longer dress in what I want them to wear..lol

talktojonell
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Cotton. Cotton. Did I mention Cotton?

DD 14 and DS 19 pick their own clothes, drat.

I stick to shorts and tanks and tees. We tie-dye our own every summer. It is cheap and fun. PM me for pics if you'd like. My boys are 5 and 9 right now so I go for classic bright colors and avoid patterns and characters that might be passe by the hand-me-down time. I have a big family so I buy both boys new and then pass them down to cousins.

Every year I also invest in either matching or similar Obnoxiously Bright Vivid Outfits for when we're going somewhere crowded so I can easily identify my boys.

2-3 hats because my boys misplace everything! I don't like flip flops for health and safety reasons but always invest in good real leather sandals. I do a pair of swim shoes too.

Several beach towels. I generally try to get them from overstock.com or after season sales. Lands' End, J Crew and LL Bean are all worth the investment since they last for YEARS!

I get new water bottles, sunscreen, repellent and sunglasses every year. I love that they have the ones that go on like goggles now!

fraujones
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM

No...don't tempt me with baby clothes ;) I love to dress my girls in lightweight dresses. 

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Shorts and a tank top =) Flip flops are a must.

amy7243
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I love muscle shirts on my boys :) My dd loves to wear tank tops.

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

So cute...living in Florida we always wear shorts in the summer. My dd loves to wear sundresses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80