Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: 5 Kid Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves

Posted by   + Show Post

We just signed Kiddo up for camp...which got me thinking about summer clothes. Switching from her mismatched, knee-high Hello Kitty socks and boots to more appropriate, no-sock park sandals, getting some swimsuits and finding shorts that aren't too short on all on my to-do list.

Looking around the store windows, I'm seeing so many cute kid spring clothes. From warm-weather basics to this summer's hot trends, here's what I'm thinking about getting:

--  Hat. A must, right? But finding one that will stay on and that the kid will actually wear is a toughie. I like old school hats like this fisherman one in mini-version. The denim is neutral enough, it could work for boys or girls.

-- Water shoes. It is on the list for her camp as they swim everyday, but if you head to the neighborhood pool or the playground that has an elephant sprinkler, these are perfect for little feet.

-- Color. Color block and bright hues are huge for us big kids, but it seems to have dribbled down to the kids' area too. Big bold yellows and oranges are totally in this season, which makes my daughter super happy as yellow is her favorite.

-- Butterflies. These winged friends always pop up, but they are swarming tees and shorts and every other piece of clothing for girls lately. This jumper is so adorable.

-- Tie-dyed look. Great for boys or girls, this design is always hip and happening for summertime.

What is your go-to item for your kids in the warmer weather?

ŠiStockphoto.com/serafima

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Lightweight but waterproof rain jacket!

Rushn311
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Sandals and shorts!!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM

we still dress with long sleeved stuff (extra protection from sun) on most days..but we also break out short sleeved shirts and regular long pants...we dont do too many shorts unless in our back yard just playing for a short time..

aubsmom09
by Erin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

hats, shorts, tank top and sandals.

Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Shorts, sandals, cute T's. She also needs water shoes and. New bathing suit. Ugh, way too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

my daughter would live in her cut-offs, tye dyes & flip flops if i let her. ;o)

my son is happy with anything super hero themed

mommyprice09
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

sunhats and short

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

cute, cute, cute!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

shorts and tanks mainly for my kids

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
sandals! i need to get some for my 2yr old, she doesnt have any. and shorts for the kids. some times dresses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)