Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: 5 Kid Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves

Posted by   + Show Post

We just signed Kiddo up for camp...which got me thinking about summer clothes. Switching from her mismatched, knee-high Hello Kitty socks and boots to more appropriate, no-sock park sandals, getting some swimsuits and finding shorts that aren't too short on all on my to-do list.

Looking around the store windows, I'm seeing so many cute kid spring clothes. From warm-weather basics to this summer's hot trends, here's what I'm thinking about getting:

--  Hat. A must, right? But finding one that will stay on and that the kid will actually wear is a toughie. I like old school hats like this fisherman one in mini-version. The denim is neutral enough, it could work for boys or girls.

-- Water shoes. It is on the list for her camp as they swim everyday, but if you head to the neighborhood pool or the playground that has an elephant sprinkler, these are perfect for little feet.

-- Color. Color block and bright hues are huge for us big kids, but it seems to have dribbled down to the kids' area too. Big bold yellows and oranges are totally in this season, which makes my daughter super happy as yellow is her favorite.

-- Butterflies. These winged friends always pop up, but they are swarming tees and shorts and every other piece of clothing for girls lately. This jumper is so adorable.

-- Tie-dyed look. Great for boys or girls, this design is always hip and happening for summertime.

What is your go-to item for your kids in the warmer weather?

ŠiStockphoto.com/serafima

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Sandals, shorts, sunglasses, I'm sure there's more.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Tshirts, shorts, little dresses for our youngest. Our oldest DD will not wear a dress lol. We don't do flip flops. I love them, but my mom and DH are completely against them, so we just go with shoes.

lovegrace222
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Shorts, tank tops, tees, flip flops!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute ideas

lasombrs
by Sara on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM
sunglasses and hats but hard to get the kids to wear them. everyone needs new summer shoes too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I have big kids(2 teens)&9yo. So we do shorts,tees,tanks,flipflops.
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Shorts, tshirts, flip flops and of course bathing suits.

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM
My boys wear nothing but cotton t-shirts, jeans, shorts (cotton/jean), and summer sweats...for shoes (when they agree to wear them) we go for sandles or flip flops...and tennis shoes for sports or hiking...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I don't have little ones anymore. Our youngest are 15.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Little dresses for DD and cute cloth diapers for DS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN