Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother’s Day Giveaway – Enter to Win!

Posted by   + Show Post

To celebrate Mother's Day, Kmart is giving away FIVE of these beautiful Sofia by Sofia Vergara Ladies Cubic Zirconia Love Necklaces!

To enter, reply below with all the things you LOVE about being a mom! Multiple replies are allowed and increase your chances of winning.

Happy Mother's Day!

Congratulations to the winners!

1. hfaddis
  2. Jukebox_Jenny
  3. zebbyzebby06
  4. lasombrs
  5. ColieO

Official Rules

The CafeMom Mother's Day Smarter Living Sweepstakes starts 5/1/12 at 12:00pm (ET) and ends 5/14/2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). 

Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. Five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive Sofia by Sofia Vergara Ladies Cubic Zirconia Love Necklace (valued at $70).  The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/15/12. 

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (14031-14040):
manifer_momma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Bedtime stories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Their laughs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
philsmom196
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweet

Quoting yepitsmetina:

From the time my 3 daughters were just little babies we would go to Westport, Washington for Mothers Day. I would take their picture, in front of the same Jetty, year after year, after year.  The oldest on the right, the middle daughter on the left, and the youngest in the middle.

It was great when I started this Mothers Day tradition.  I watched them grow from photograph, to photograph, year after year. I started this when my girls were ages 6, 5, and 2.  Funny how my youngest was so tiny in between her older sisters but as time passed, she grew taller than the both of them.

The very first photo was taken in 1993 and this next photo will be in 2012. My daughters have graduated high school, two went to college, and two have children of their own.  But each and every Mothers Day it is special because they make the two hour trip to the beach, just to get me that one special photo to add to my collection.

Coming soon I will be standing on Westhaven beach with 3 layers of clothes in the Washington weather and the wind blowing straight through me as I take another picture to add to my collection.  When we return to our vehicles my daughters will present me with a card that makes me cry and a gift wrapped in pretty paper topped with a bow.  I probably couldn't tell you what is in the wrapping paper a few years from now.  But I can show you the picture of them on the beach.  The oldest on the right, the middle on the left, and the baby in the middle. It is the best gift I could ever ask for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreambig666
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I like being a mom because it makes me feel I have a purpose in life that's outside of myself.  Seeing my premature son grow from a 3 lb infant at birth to a 22 yr old college graduate was amazing.  My son was my first child at 39.  I had done all the things I wanted to do, traveling, living out of the country & indulging my every whim.  After having my son all those years seemed so frivilous & unimportant.  The unimaginable feelingOf Love when you see your baby for the first time is undescribable.   I had to wait a month before I could bring him home bcause he was on a ventilator, Bipap & then room air.  I came into the nursery every day to feed him & sit with him for hours.  Even with all the noise of the technology keeping these premies alive I felt like we were all alone & I bonded with him during this time.  His weight crept up & finally @ 4 lbs he was able to be discharged.  We brought him home on our 1st wedding anniversary.  What a wonderful gift.  The first yr was full of firsts.  He was a little slow to reach milestones due to  his 28 wk preterm birth. Everything he attempted was preserved on camera.  I thorougly enjoyed playing with him, feeding & helping him to become more independent.  It seems like my sons whole life flashes in slow motion in my mind. This tiny little baby is now a man graduating from college.  A good looking, articulate enjoyable 22 yr old.  Being a mother has been the greatest experience of my life & I look forward to being a grandmother some day.  My own mother will be 94 on Mother's Day we are a generation of Mother's.  I learned how to be a loving, caring, mother from her & she from her mother.  I was so blessed to have my mom & grandma in my life.

moenelephants
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:45 AM

time to spend with kids!!!!!!!! :) when you are a stay at home MOM!!!!!! :)

tayanddyl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Waking up to 2 lil girls fast asleep IN MY BED

LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Being a single mother, working full time and running a successful business AND still having time to do fun and exciting things with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Having them leave the last box of apple jacks for me. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Watching them sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I love seeing them smile :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)