Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are these kids parents.. ??!!!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 26 Replies

Doorbell rings and 3 kids stand in front of the door.. 2 boys and 1 girl.. I know my dd knows the girl from school... The boys are younger then my kids.. and I dont think they are related to eachother..

the boys I found out later are brothers..

So little boy 3 other boy 6, girl must be 9.

They wanted to know if my kids can play.. well I guess so.. I let them play like 30min at my house.. I asked if their mom said yes and they did say yeah.

Now during that time NOT one parent came up to the house to check or ask or anything..

Im sorry I would have never let my 3y old just walk off to someones house I dont know...

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Wow! i wont let my 4 yo play in the back yard alone. The kids next door are always out there alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brit0813
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM

wow! I don't even let my kids outside without me there! I just don't understand some parents!!

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM

That kid is to young to be out by himself. Someone could have kidnapped him.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Yeah that'd freak me out a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Agreed... even at 12/13 I'd like to at least call the parent to be sure.. after meeting them of course. Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

My 3 yo plays in the backyard with his older siblings without me.. but he isnt allowed to leave the backyard... and he is DEFINITLEY not allowed to go to anyones house. Its strange that the parents didnt come looking. Maybe they had a babysitter or something? 

daerca574
by Danya on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I had that happen a few years ago.  the neighbor kids came over and wanted to play.  I went next door to ask their parents myself.  They had no idea they had even left the house!

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM
The people across the street do that all the time, the 4 and 3 y/o are always outside ALONE! If my kids go out, they find their way in my house. I've cooked a whole meal and fed them and the parents never once came out looking for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM
That is neglet in a major way and I would go have a talk with the parents. You cab let them know that its ok for them to come over but they shouldn't let theittle ones out alone with out them just to make sure they make it to their destination even of it is just across the street.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Sounds like my neighborhood! 3-4 yr olds running around, staring in peoples windows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)