has anyone done a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese?

Posted by   + Show Post
If you paid for it, how much was it? Did they allow you to bring your own cake?

If you didn't pay for it, were you allowed to bring your own cake? Did you have a hard time with it?

Any tips about doing a party there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM
How awful! You'd think they'd be considerate for allergies.

Quoting Godspitgrl:

I have not and mainly cause I was told thst we couldn't bring our own cake and ODS is allergic to gluten
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Ours is huge. We go there like once a month. My daughter love the toddler zone(she's 1). It's nice since she's little and doesn't care about rides or games lol

Quoting brownhoney21:

My kids whent to a party there it was very close in there, no room at the table thy were to close togather. The whole place was to small. I did not like it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
herma0117
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I spent 150. On my daughters forth bday n we did bring are own cake n party supplies.
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Ours will host it, and the tables are all together, but it's pretty expensive, plus the kids always want more tokens than what you get included with the party. Hosting only includes bringing the food and drinks to the table, there is no supervision, and it was a madhouse. But you have to bring your own cake.

herma0117
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I spent 150. On my daughters forth bday n we did bring are own cake n party supplies.
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Ours is way to crowded and so loud you can't hear yourself think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Today at 3:26 PM
by Christa on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM
yeah this CEC we went to is ALWAYS busy so we had to reserve. but after we saw the price of all the pizzas i wish we didnt lol it was way too expensive

Quoting jazi1105:

Wow. Their site says you have the option to let them host it, and you'll have reserved space, or host it yourself, but you have to scrounge for tables lol the CEC here always has all the tables empty so I'm not worried about that part ha

Quoting proudmommy690:

they wont let you have one unless you pay for them to have it...at least not the one i went to. it was crappy and sooo crowded so i was miserable along with mmy daughter who was so tired and didnt nap

Quoting jazi1105:

Did you pay for them to "host" it or did you wing it?

Quoting proudmommy690:

i had one for my oldest daughter(when she turned 1)....it got expensive i think about $200! it was ridiculous but yeah we were allowed to bring our own cake for her. i wont do it again though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM
We just went for my niece it was $150 for 7 kids, 10 adult drinks and 5 pizzas. They hosted it and did a great job. Each kid got $5 in coins and a party bag. I made the cake and they supplied the candles. All kids were under 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama032908
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I haven't yet but I plan on it next year
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

had my daughter's 4th there, had to switch local at the last minute due to weather.  we brought our own cake with no issues.  it was a few years ago so i don't remember the exact cost but it was around $100 i want to say.

we went to one there recently & the parents hadn't reserved a party through them.  they went during the week so it wasn't crowded & since there was only one party booked they were able to use one of the party tables with no fuss.  they used coupons to order the pizza & get tokens.  they were able to use more than one coupon at the visit so it ended up not costing them much at all.  oh, they also brought in their own cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: