Group Home

Smarter Savings: Lowest Prices of the Season

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies

If you've been holding out on any kind of new stuff, this week would be a good time to mosey on over to Kmart (online or in person) because this week they have their lowest prices of the season on all kinds of goods that will make summer more fun.

Lots of flat screen TVs are on sale this week, including a Curtis 42-inch LCD 3-D TV, which comes with three pairs of 3-D glasses. That would make family movie night quite the event.

My favorites, though, are all the cool outdoor things. This Garden Oasis pergola is $359.99, which is a savings of $140 from its regular price. If you have a spacious yard without a lot of shade, this could really make for a nice little oasis on a hot day.

There are also lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas to get your patio ready to rock for the summer. I love, love, love eating and entertaining outside in the nice weather and am always on the lookout for stuff that will make that easier.

Several nice-looking grills are also on sale. I've always been a dedicated charcoal person, but as our kids get older and our lives get busier, waiting 20 minutes for charcoal to be ready to cook with gets old. I'm eyeing a gas grill now so we can get the enjoyment of grilling (not to mention avoid heating up the kitchen) without the massive time investment.

Do you prefer charcoal or gas? And will you be buying any new stuff for your yard this summer?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Mosquitoes love us, so that wouldnt work for us but it does look nice!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM

We prefer charcoal.  We bought a new grill and that's about all we will be buying new for our yard.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Actually, we prefer wood, but will usse charcoal.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

We do both =) We have a big gas grill and a small charcoal.

amy7243
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM
We love charcoal! I am planning on buying lawn furniture and hanging flower baskets.} Already bought a few decorative things for in our flower beds.
millerbunch
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

we have gas.. i do love a good charcoal burger at times though, so my mom has those..lol

we already got new stuff for the back yard.. table chairs, umbrella, hanging lanterns, pot bellied wood pit stove.

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I like both...have a gas grill tho. As far as buying new stuff for our yard, does a tent count? :)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

we have a gas grill

Mommee42boyz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Same here.

Quoting aneela:

we have a gas grill

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

no yard to buy things for.  one of the downsides/perks of apartment living.  no outdoor space of your own to enjoy but at the same time no hassle with maintenance & upkeep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci