Smarter Savings: Lowest Prices of the Season

Posted by   + Show Post

If you've been holding out on any kind of new stuff, this week would be a good time to mosey on over to Kmart (online or in person) because this week they have their lowest prices of the season on all kinds of goods that will make summer more fun.

Lots of flat screen TVs are on sale this week, including a Curtis 42-inch LCD 3-D TV, which comes with three pairs of 3-D glasses. That would make family movie night quite the event.

My favorites, though, are all the cool outdoor things. This Garden Oasis pergola is $359.99, which is a savings of $140 from its regular price. If you have a spacious yard without a lot of shade, this could really make for a nice little oasis on a hot day.

There are also lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas to get your patio ready to rock for the summer. I love, love, love eating and entertaining outside in the nice weather and am always on the lookout for stuff that will make that easier.

Several nice-looking grills are also on sale. I've always been a dedicated charcoal person, but as our kids get older and our lives get busier, waiting 20 minutes for charcoal to be ready to cook with gets old. I'm eyeing a gas grill now so we can get the enjoyment of grilling (not to mention avoid heating up the kitchen) without the massive time investment.

Do you prefer charcoal or gas? And will you be buying any new stuff for your yard this summer?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
roxxyt
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Have a gas grill and a smoker, we use the smoker more, have lots of outdoor stuff. Don't need any this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

We do gas for sure.
That set up is awesome! I love sititng outside watching the kids play and burning a fire...

LilMissCupcake
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM

gas

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:55 AM
I would love to have that pergola! I hope we can get stuff to make the yard somewhere we can spend time in, soon.

DF prefers charcoal grills..I know nothing about them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:29 AM
charcoal is nicer (you have like a "smoke" taste to it.) i'd love to buy new patio furniture but we're thinking of moving. (plus my up-stair's neighbor would USE IT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

We want to get a gas grill

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM
i dont use a grill and i dont know what df prefers lol. i dont think we'll be getting anything for the yard....a pool would be nice, but the neighborhood kids might think its theirs and use it any time they want, or tear it up. a swingset would be nice too, but again, neighborhood kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

We want to get a grill. We don't own one yet. I'm not sure if charcoal or gas is better...

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I prefer charcoal but we use gas.  We need a new grill but will try to make this one hold out until next year, we use ours year round.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

We use charcoal to get it started, then wood. We do not use gas at all. As for buying new stufff, I would love some lawn furniture, but I really don't know how good it would be out here. We live in the woods near a creek. So that means a lot of bugs and mosquitos. I will hopefully be doing a garden at some point. Maybe. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: