Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Savings: Lowest Prices of the Season

Posted by   + Show Post

If you've been holding out on any kind of new stuff, this week would be a good time to mosey on over to Kmart (online or in person) because this week they have their lowest prices of the season on all kinds of goods that will make summer more fun.

Lots of flat screen TVs are on sale this week, including a Curtis 42-inch LCD 3-D TV, which comes with three pairs of 3-D glasses. That would make family movie night quite the event.

My favorites, though, are all the cool outdoor things. This Garden Oasis pergola is $359.99, which is a savings of $140 from its regular price. If you have a spacious yard without a lot of shade, this could really make for a nice little oasis on a hot day.

There are also lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas to get your patio ready to rock for the summer. I love, love, love eating and entertaining outside in the nice weather and am always on the lookout for stuff that will make that easier.

Several nice-looking grills are also on sale. I've always been a dedicated charcoal person, but as our kids get older and our lives get busier, waiting 20 minutes for charcoal to be ready to cook with gets old. I'm eyeing a gas grill now so we can get the enjoyment of grilling (not to mention avoid heating up the kitchen) without the massive time investment.

Do you prefer charcoal or gas? And will you be buying any new stuff for your yard this summer?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
lovegrace222
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Charcoal! We are buying outdoor toys for my dd but nothing for us this year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Kari on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Gas

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Dh is building a new front porch...so most likely we will be buying new porch furniture...lol...(i want a porch swing...lmao)

We are also talking about re-doing our back porch...i want a screened in back porch...lol...but i don't know...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM

We prefer the propane bbq's. I dont think we need anything new for our yard this year, but maybe for our camper. 

BTW.. I tried to look at the Garden Oasis pergola but the link takes me to the tv instead. 

bether89
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I prefer gas, because it is must quicker to be ready to grill.  I would love to have a  pergola for my backyard since we don't have much shade there.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I prefer charcoal or wood over gas.  

aubsmom09
by Erin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM

We have a gas grill.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I love charcoal. But during fire season (when we were homeless) they didn't allow charcoal,so we had propane.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

nope

Karissa_ruiz
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM
We don't have money for outdoor furniture, but if we did I'd love a nice set up like in the picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)