Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: 5 Fabulous Mother’s Day Gifts

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies

Yesterday, I entered a new decade. Last time I entered a new decade, the only thing I cared about for Mother's Day was what to get my mom and my new mother-in-law...not what someone may be getting me. Fast forward 10 years and I've now had five, soon-to-be six Mama's Days where I was actually a part of that club.

I'm guessing I will get some tulips (my favorite flower) and perhaps a brunch out and about, and, of course, I'm hoping for a homemade card from my kiddo. But, I've had my eye on a few other things, nothing too big, just tokens, some fabulous gift-ettes to celebrate all thing mommy-ish.

Never Lose the Keys - I spotted this keychain on one Heart and Sol Design on Etsy. It gives a special date (like a birthday) in a unique way: in Roman numerals. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Bring a Little Luck - This adorable lucky elephant necklace is from JCrew Factory store. A perfect little touch to a plain white t-shirt and jeans day.

Wrap Me Up - The end of a long day, I just want to climb into what we call "house clothes" here in our abode. Comfy sweats are fine, but check out this kimono robe from the Sofia Vergara collection at Kmart. Silky yet cozy, it is the ideal snuggling outfit for the couch.

Little Reminders - Quotes, photos, cool art. I'm a sucker for anything that inspires me. I am a sucker with little droplets of tears when they remind me of my daughter. This print from dazeychic on Etsy does just that. Titled "My Little Girl," you can hang it anywhere to spot the "You will never outgrow my heart" banner and be reminded of the joys of mommyhood every day.

A Mug Fit for a Queen - Really, it says it right on the side of this jumbo mug. Sip coffee or tea or whatever else you feel like. Tiara is optional.

Which of these do you want? Have you hinted at anything special you'd like to get for Mother's Day? 

©iStockphoto.com/Creativeye99

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 1, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Usually our Mothers Day and Fathers Day gifts are handmade by our children.  I know I'm not getting anything because I have gotten a lot of jewelry in the past couple weeks.

tayanddyl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I have been a mother for 14 years and I rarely get gifts. The kids make cards at school which I love.

Last year I had a dinner at my house for all the mother's in my family and my mom actually gave me 3 gifts (each represented a child) it was lovely and thoughtful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

i want to get a terry cloth robe to have to take on vacation in august for when we rent the cabin at smokey mtns. and when i get out of the jacuzzi. then i can just sit on the deck and relax.

Rain2Rinse
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I wouldn't want any of those.

DH always does a great job picking out gifts, so I just go with the flow.

I will be having a "come to Jesus" talk with my in laws on mothers day, so they will hate me for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

thank you!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I like the little reminders idea!

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM
that elephant necklace is cute.

i doubt i'll get anything for mothers day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM

That was very sweet of her =)

Quoting tayanddyl:

I have been a mother for 14 years and I rarely get gifts. The kids make cards at school which I love.

Last year I had a dinner at my house for all the mother's in my family and my mom actually gave me 3 gifts (each represented a child) it was lovely and thoughtful

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM

My husband normally gets me something from him and the kids. The kids also make me a gift at school which is always my favorite.

slw123
by Shawna on May. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband ordered my mother's day gift and didn't realize that the confirmation would come to my email, lol.  So I am getting a Brookstone wireless portable outdoor speaker that I can hook my phone or i-pod up to and have awesome music by the pool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN