Group Home

Smarter Mom: Rainy Day Activities

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you’re going on your second or third day of rain, you’ve likely exhausted all those rainy day tricks you hide up your sleeve--or in your closet. (My secret rainy day stash includes new books, new toys, and rainy day crafts.) Lets think outside the box, or rather outside the home. No, you don’t have to play in the rain, but it's time to get out of the house.

The movies are always a great rainy day option if there’s a movie playing suitable for your kids' ages. Try to go to the earliest showing for discounted pricing. Museums are also good on rainy days, though can often draw crowds (especially rainy weekend days). How about bowling or ice skating? Or try an indoor pool at a local hotel, college, or health club; they frequently sell day passes. There’s also indoor kid gyms, which let kids run, climb, and jump around, which is a great way to blow off some steam.

Whatever rainy day, get-out-of-the-house activity you choose, be sure you enjoy yourself too. Afterall, you’re finally out of the house as well.

What rainy day activity do you usually do with your kids?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

When my kids were younger we did a mall scavenger hunt.  We divided the kids on teams, boys against girls.  Each team had $20.  the object was to get as many things as they could that they all could use (nothing just for boys or just for girls) and have the least amount of money left in an hour.  We met back upp for lunch and shared what they bought.  They still talk about this and our oldest is 23!

powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM
play games or toys in-doors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I like doing crafts!

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

yes my son and I play Trouble a lot 

Quoting powow65:

play games or toys in-doors.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I had this for a bday party it was so much fun!

Quoting mrswillie:

When my kids were younger we did a mall scavenger hunt.  We divided the kids on teams, boys against girls.  Each team had $20.  the object was to get as many things as they could that they all could use (nothing just for boys or just for girls) and have the least amount of money left in an hour.  We met back upp for lunch and shared what they bought.  They still talk about this and our oldest is 23!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

We play board and card games: Monopoly Jr., Sorry, Candyland, Crazy 8s, Old Maid. 

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

get dressed and play in the rain if its not a cold day which is what weve got here today. my grandchildren loves to catch raindrops on their tongues.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

lots of books and reading

amy7243
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

We like to watch movies,bake and play with play dough.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

tv, movies, games....Uno lol...crafts...coloring...making up ghost stories with a flashlight..(yes we do this) lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie