Group Home

Smarter Mom: Rainy Day Activities

Posted by   + Show Post

If you’re going on your second or third day of rain, you’ve likely exhausted all those rainy day tricks you hide up your sleeve--or in your closet. (My secret rainy day stash includes new books, new toys, and rainy day crafts.) Lets think outside the box, or rather outside the home. No, you don’t have to play in the rain, but it's time to get out of the house.

The movies are always a great rainy day option if there’s a movie playing suitable for your kids' ages. Try to go to the earliest showing for discounted pricing. Museums are also good on rainy days, though can often draw crowds (especially rainy weekend days). How about bowling or ice skating? Or try an indoor pool at a local hotel, college, or health club; they frequently sell day passes. There’s also indoor kid gyms, which let kids run, climb, and jump around, which is a great way to blow off some steam.

Whatever rainy day, get-out-of-the-house activity you choose, be sure you enjoy yourself too. Afterall, you’re finally out of the house as well.

What rainy day activity do you usually do with your kids?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-63):
teesoloca
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM

DVD day on the couch...LOL

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

play dough

catthomp
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I love rainy day activities. I also love rainy day fashion. I wrote this article on the cutest rain boots I have even seen. Let me know if any of you have ever seen these before. I don't know who makes them. I wish I had bought them. I may have to go back. Hope they are still there.

www.momsworkit.com/?p=333

Catherine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690