Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Country living

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 25 Replies
I grew up in the city. Los Angeles, actually. We paid a ridiculous amount of money for a small amount of land. Everyone had big SUVs and bigger egos. Life was incredibly fast paced, except if you were driving on the freeway. Then, it was slooooow. And the roadrage!

I'm living in the south now, where I lock my doors out of habit, but not necessity. DD will probably go to school with the saw kids clear through graduation. I've got a nice wooded back yard. There are horses, cows, and chickens everywhere that I look. I miss the city. .. but I like the country too

Where do you live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazmidgiefairy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I hate the city I want the suburb at least
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

We live in a suburb. I grew up in the country but there's more computer jobs in the city. 

Rain2Rinse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM
In my auburn growing up, everyone was the same. Our parents all drove the same black navigator/escapade/Mercedes.... thy were called the escapade brigade. You would see like, a huge convey of black SUVs pulling up into the school. Then all of the moms got out and huddled, until the kids went into the building.

It was fun, and I miss it all. This is different, but its nice too.

Quoting OliviaW.:

We live in a suburb. I grew up in the country but there's more computer jobs in the city. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I live in the country. I don't think I would like it in the city.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

We just moved to a suburb from an apartment. I do like it cause it's not as loud and we have a yard now but I miss the farm. We're still just minutes away from any that we want to go do though. 

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

In my auburn growing up, everyone was the same. Our parents all drove the same black navigator/escapade/Mercedes.... thy were called the escapade brigade. You would see like, a huge convey of black SUVs pulling up into the school. Then all of the moms got out and huddled, until the kids went into the building.

It was fun, and I miss it all. This is different, but its nice too.

Quoting OliviaW.:

wandep
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I grew up in a small southern town in Georgia. Now I live in the capitol of Florida. We live on the edge of town..not really in the country. Its nice..everything is close by so we don't have to go into town unless you want a big mall.

mommyprice09
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

I hate the city I want the suburb at least

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
mamivon2
by Sandra on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM

small city

allboys246
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I grew up in a city. Now I live in the country and would not trade it for anything :)

manifer_momma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I'm in the city (Chicago) & I love it. Everything is walking distance, there are a TON of free activities to choose from, lots of NICE parks....the list goes on. The only thing I miss from living in the 'burbs is the big backyard we had and pretty much no traffic lol.

Country, I couldn't do. I like crowds & noise....most of the time lol:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)