Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Brunettes Having a Moment

Posted by   + Show Post

Growing up in the 1980s, I always felt having brown hair like mine was not as special as being blonde or redheaded. All the hottest actresses were blond, and pretty much everybody I knew was dyeing their hair lighter.

Fast forward a bunch of years, and all of a sudden brunette is the hot hair color. Celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, who's been known for her porcelain skin and blond hair, show up on the red carpet with their locks dyed a rich chocolaty hue, and natural brunettes like Sofia Vergara, Kim Kardashian, and Anne Hathaway are beauty icons with their dark tresses. Dark hair lights up your eyes and skin tone like blonde just can't, I think. And a brunette dye job is a lot less likely to scream "fake!" than a bad blonde.

If you're thinking about going a little darker, choose a shade only a few steps down from your natural tone, and look for words like "warm" or "natural" on the box...or even better, go to a salon if youre really nervous.

Are you blonde or brunette...and would you consider switching?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
amy7243
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I am a brunette. I dont think I would change.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:51 PM
i've been both lol but darker looks better on me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Merstarr
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think my hair is my best feature. Long, full of body, and naturally brunette with natural red and gold bits. OK so now that I am 34 there are also starting to be a few silver bits. But still I have not EVER died my hair. I just think that people look best in their natural hair colour. Especially when eyebrows and lashes look mismatched- that is just so strange looking. To each his own, for sure, but even with a sister who is a hairdresser from the big city (LOL) I just keep it real ;)

Karissa_ruiz
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I'm a brunette but I am considering changing that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

brunette

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

brunette or even dark brownish black .. 

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I'm a brunette I wouldn't go totally blonde
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMissCupcake
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:41 AM

brunette and yes

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM
My hair has been every shade possible but since becoming a mom I have let if grow out to my natural brunette color
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)