Group Home

Do you allow your 5 year old to Play Video games?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so..

Do you limit a time restriction on how long they can play the game?

What kind of games do they play?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
Taurus_Girl78
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Yes as long as it is with my husband or I. We have a Wii and she plays games like sponge bob, donkey kong, Zhu Zhu pets. Games that are for her age only. Some of them are fun I will have to admit lol. We also as a family play the Wii Sports (bowling). I only allow her to play on the weekend and only during the week if she doesn't have any homework. It is usually a half hour to 1 hour only.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

My kids go through spurts. Sarah our 5 year old loves the searching games. But she plays for a few minutes and leaves..Same with Virtual VilIagers, she gets a few mushrooms, makes sure nobody's sick and signs off. They play outside, climb trees, pick my flowers (trying to get them out of that habit) Since their sister is getting married they are pulling my lilac's off the tree and putting them in a basket and throw them up in the air as one is acting like the bride with a long piece of my fabric..lol..I'm allergic to lilac's, so they are immediately in the bath when they come in.They play barbies too and they LOVE to do art.

2and2onway
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Yes, I do not set limits they play on and off when they want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on May. 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM
They play the Wii sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM

we don't have any of the "big" game systems.  the only thing we have is a controller that you plug into the tv & has some old school games in it.  you know, pac man, tetris, donkey kong, etc.  i think there is about 25 games but he can only play 3-5 of them.  the kids don't play it that often & when they do want to play i don't give them a set time but i also don't let them play for hours.  i never really pay attention to how long i let them play, maybe about a half hour or so.

thehickinhickor
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM
No she is a outside kid tho she never ask to play them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM

i dont have a 5yr old but i would

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM
No we dont allow video games or computer games
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by Sandy on May. 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I allow my almost 4 year old to play. She can't play for more than an hour unless we are on a road trip. She plays mostly educational games but she does also enjoy angry birds and tennis on the Wii
kaidansmylife
by Stacie on May. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM
We don't have any sort of game system. He does use my moms old iPhone and play games on it but that's it, and he's only allowed to ply on that when we're in the car. His daddy is addicted to Xbox and I refuse to have a gamer kid lol. When daddy is home his Xbox stays put away. I have a passionate hate for video games. Kids are supposed to play outside and get dirty not stayed glued to the TV.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky