Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last night DS was sleeping in our bed...he is 2.5 years old. At about 2am I feel him brushing the side of my cheek with his hand. I wake up and he is just staring at me half lidded...so I put my hand on his butt to see if he might have peed through his diaper...nope. Then I feel his forehead and he is normal...no fever or anything. Then I put my hand on his belly...and his back. ITS HOT! Like crazy HOT! I was scared so I threw the blanket off of him and within 2-4 minutes his belly was normal to the touch.

What could it have been? There was no sweat or anything...the a/c was on pretty low 69 degrees.

Shouldnt he have just thrown the covers off of him?

Should I call the pediatrician?

~M

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-14):
Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I would say to keep an eye on his temperature because my SD will get hot on her belly and back but not her forehead when she has a fever but then again he could have just been hot and was so deep asleep that he didn't even realize it.

This is exactly what happened. He had a fever of 100.1 the next day.

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Is he feeling better now?

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I would say to keep an eye on his temperature because my SD will get hot on her belly and back but not her forehead when she has a fever but then again he could have just been hot and was so deep asleep that he didn't even realize it.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Is he feeling better now?

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I took him to the pedi on Tuesday and today he is like a new baby ! :) Thanks for asking. He is evergetic and eating again...its great to have him back.... a little bit of a temp...about 98ish now, but amazing ! :)

CafeMom Tickers
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Maybe next time take his temp. It could still be a fever if his forehead isn't hot. Probably just hot from the blankets though. I have the opposite problem with my dd, she's always kicking her blankets off, even when it's cold!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)