Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$68 for a bra I can only wear 25 times!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yup...You read right.  I bought a formal dress for the cruise we are taking in the Winter.  it has a low neckline and a somewhat open back.  I can't wear any of my bras because the would show in the front between im breast so I went to Victoria Secret.  Of course they had what I needed, but it was $68 and I can onl wear it about 25 times!

While I was there I bought a new bathing suit also.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
bcoll
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Aah...Thank you :)

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting bcoll:

I'm stuck on 25...what makes that an important number? Seems long for a cruise and short for the life of the bra...who says 25 is the max? Lol

It sticks to you.  After wearing and washing about 25 times, the sticky wont stick.

Saille717
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Victoria's Secret is about as pricey as you can get.  If you have decided that you'd rather pay the higher prices then why complain?  

I can totally understand buying the better products for something you'll wear regularly....you do get what you pay for.  But for something you only plan to wear a few times I'm happy to cheap out on.  

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting MommaH1021:

Is it the kind that sticks to you? If so I bought one for $65 and then found the SAME thing at Target for $25. Needless to say...I returned the expensive one!

Yes it is, but I am partial to Victoria Secret for my intimates.  I use to get them at other stores...Walmart, K-mart, Target and Gabs, even JC Penney.  I like the fit an quality of Victoria Secret.  It really can push up what little I have to push up, lol

bourbon901
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Where all will you be able to wear the dress?  

Tricia1979
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I have one of those, from VS. I am on wearing 40 or so and it still sticks great. I wear it with tank tops, low back tops, and dresses, not every day of course. I have had it probably 6 months. Just be really careful and use a gentle cleanser to clean it, dry it properly, and it may last you a bit longer.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Shani527:

WHy can you not continue to wear it for different outfits? Im not sure, im not a picky bra person, but if its supportive and stuff why could you just wear it under a regular shirt?

It sticks to you.  After about 25 wearings and washings it won't stick...according to the directions

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting bourbon901:

Where all will you be able to wear the dress?  

Well, I bought it for a cruise and we plan on going more then once. 

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting Tricia1979:

I have one of those, from VS. I am on wearing 40 or so and it still sticks great. I wear it with tank tops, low back tops, and dresses, not every day of course. I have had it probably 6 months. Just be really careful and use a gentle cleanser to clean it, dry it properly, and it may last you a bit longer.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Shani527:

WHy can you not continue to wear it for different outfits? Im not sure, im not a picky bra person, but if its supportive and stuff why could you just wear it under a regular shirt?

It sticks to you.  After about 25 wearings and washings it won't stick...according to the directions

Thanks for the tips

Shani527
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Shani527:

Oh yea. Ive never understood those things LOL

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM

To much for me

mommyprice09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

damn

millerbunch
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

i was confusd.. lol  but after reading, i see it's the sticky things..

i would just get the cheapy ones at Target.. just for the cruise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN