Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Smarter Way of Thinking

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know it's hard to schedule anything that's not kid-, house-, or work-related. Mom-time flies out the window before lunch as the to-do list gets longer and longer. And, when we do get a free minute or two, we usually have a personal list of things to tick off like clean our closets, find summer sandals, renew our drivers license, or take a shower.

When you're busy, one of the hardest things to start, and stick to, is exercise. We see it as either a luxury (45 minutes of uninterrupted mom time!) or a chore (ugh, 45-minutes of exercise!). But it's time we realize it's a necessity. And if we start to think of it like that, we may just squeeze it into our busy days, just as we squeeze in laundry, dusting, e-mails, dinner, and a zillion other things.

I've been trying to lose weight for 9 months without the scale budging. About 2 months ago I decided to start running, I also signed up for this 4-mile race. I knew that to complete this race, I would have to run a few times a week. That changed my perspective on exercise, and it became a necessity more than a luxury or chore. I started scheduling it in every other day, and not feeling guilty about it. I finished the race, and I even started to see the scale move in the right direction.

What kind of exercise do you like to do? How do you squeeze it into your busy day?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-28):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I work out 6 days a week and take 2 walks a week with y family.  Usually I get up, get coffee and check my computer, then it's off to my workout.  I started with Wii Fit, and am now using EA Sports 2 9 week hard program.  We also have a treadmill, bowflex, elliptical, step machine and exercise bike.

kgmmw
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I do Zumba 4 times a week and strength class twice a week for an hour each time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Over the past 3 years I've done lots of things for months at a time. I did some light weight training , jogging, bicycling , jump roping, yoga and Pilate's. I stay more active with the kids walking ,climbing and playing at the park. I lost 40lbs. Been slacking on physical activity for a couple weeks. Need to start up a routine again. Thinking weight training and something cardio 3 times a week. Need to lose the last 10lbs.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I'm always changing it up. I like to do Kettlenetics, Fitness Evolved on Kinect, treadmill, free weights and recently I've been working out with our heavy bag (boxing)....it's fun!

fraujones
by Amanda on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I don't exercise enough. I have an exercise bike at home that I use once in awhile. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

wish i could squeeze some exercise into my days.  it's so hard & when i'm finally done running around i don't have the energy.  the kids & i have been walking allot more recently which is better than nothing.

Audreesmommy757
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

i like running 

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Also after I do my walk on the tread mill I use my two year old as a weight to lift. She loves it and gets mad if I don't do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)