Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Smarter Way of Thinking

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know it's hard to schedule anything that's not kid-, house-, or work-related. Mom-time flies out the window before lunch as the to-do list gets longer and longer. And, when we do get a free minute or two, we usually have a personal list of things to tick off like clean our closets, find summer sandals, renew our drivers license, or take a shower.

When you're busy, one of the hardest things to start, and stick to, is exercise. We see it as either a luxury (45 minutes of uninterrupted mom time!) or a chore (ugh, 45-minutes of exercise!). But it's time we realize it's a necessity. And if we start to think of it like that, we may just squeeze it into our busy days, just as we squeeze in laundry, dusting, e-mails, dinner, and a zillion other things.

I've been trying to lose weight for 9 months without the scale budging. About 2 months ago I decided to start running, I also signed up for this 4-mile race. I knew that to complete this race, I would have to run a few times a week. That changed my perspective on exercise, and it became a necessity more than a luxury or chore. I started scheduling it in every other day, and not feeling guilty about it. I finished the race, and I even started to see the scale move in the right direction.

What kind of exercise do you like to do? How do you squeeze it into your busy day?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
bether89
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I like to walk or ride my bike.  I have not been doing very good with my scheduling lately.  I need to do better.

mom27g
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I run - it's hard fitting it into the schedule. I feel like I'm taking away from family time when I am gone on a run :(

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I don't, and it shows. Due to back problems, the docs don't let me walk for exercise. I should do water aerobics, but I am sooo lazy.

tazmidgiefairy
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM
walking and I looking in to add some more things to my workout
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Curves workout!

mommyprice09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM

i like zumba

malexander2009
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I really like to hit the gym. Since I started dating my hubby I've always been one for free weights to tone and strengthen. but that's why everything may have started to fit better but I never lost the weight. So as soon as I can I think I'm going to get a new gym membership and start taking some time for me when DH can watch the babies for an hour or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I walk on my lunch break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:16 AM

i don't really like to exercise! lol.  But, I've been trying to go walking a few times a week.  I push my 19 month old in her jogging stroller

powow65
by kimmy on May. 2, 2012 at 6:34 AM
i walk. I walk alot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)