Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Night Versus Morning

Posted by   + Show Post

As we all know, there is a lot to keeping a family running. You have to stay on top of clean clothes, lunches, making sure your kids have soccer cleats or karate uniforms or whatever...there's just a lot to do, and it can make mornings completely insane.

The key to stopping the insanity? Shift as much as you can to the evening hours.

I pack lunches, lay out outfits for my kids and for me, make my to-do list for the next day, and assemble any school or work-related paperwork and put it in the relevant spot  (work bag, purse, kids' backpack). If I blow it off, I am invariably running around in the morning well after I should have had everyone in the car for school, muttering swear words under my breath and tripping over the dog. If I have put the time in at night, it's smooth sailing.

Of course, that's because I am a night person and do not function well with any sort of higher order thinking in the morning..it seriously has taken me five minutes of pondering to decide if I want cereal or toast. If you're a morning person, you probably have no trouble getting up early enough to get all your chores done and can do them efficiently.

Are you a "prep the night before" person or a morning dynamo type? What are your tips to reduce the morning chaos?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Audreesmommy757
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I ALWAYS MAKE STUFF IN THE MORNING

BeachMommy07
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I am a prep night before mommy (:

RutterMama
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Honestly, it totally depends on the day. Some days it's all about getting ready for the next day, others I'm just exhausted.

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM

When I forget to make lunches the night before it puts me way behind in the morning. It only seems to take a couple of minutes at night, but in the morning it takes forever. 

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I don't lay out clothes though. Maybe I could try that. My older one could even start dressing himself. 

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

My daughter in in PM preschool, so our mornings are pretty calm. However, on the days we have to be out the door early, I always try to get their cloths out the night before and pack their lunch (if we will be out for the day

bether89
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I do most of my prep the night before.

tayanddyl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I run around like a crazy woman in the morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on May. 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I should do more at night. Morning are too hectic!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I do everything the night before!!!!!!! I am never awake enough in the morning to get anything accomplished. Plus I hate to be hurried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN