Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you support this (piog)???

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 58 Replies
Don't ask, don't tell" (DADT) was the official United States policy on homosexuals serving in the military from December 21, 1993 to September 20, 2011. The policy prohibited military personnel from discriminating against or harassing closeted homosexual or bisexual service members or applicants, while barring openly gay, lesbian, or bisexual persons from military service. The restrictions were mandated by United States federal law Pub.L. 103-160 (10 U.S.C. ยง 654 ). The policy prohibited people who "demonstrate a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts" from serving in the armed forces of the United States, because their presence "would create an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability." [1] The act prohibited any homosexual or bisexual person from disclosing his or her sexual orientation or from speaking about any homosexual relationships, including marriages or other familial attributes, while serving in the United States armed forces. The act specified that service members who disclose that they are homosexual or engage in homosexual conduct should be separated (discharged) except when a service member'sconduct was "for the purpose of avoiding or terminating military service" or when it "would not be in the best interest of the armed forces". [2] The "don't ask" part of the DADT policy specified that superiors should not initiate investigation of a servicemember's orientation without witnessing disallowed behaviors, though credible evidence of homosexual behavior could be used to initiate an investigation. Unauthorized investigations and harassment of suspected servicemen and women led to an expansion of the policy to "don't ask, don't tell, don't pursue, don't harass."

Mitch McConnell plans to put this back into action if he is ellected...what do you ladies think???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I dont know who that is.

But I think he is a douchebag for even considering it. And deserves a swift kick in the throat.

jpalmer
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM
He is a senator for now...

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

I dont know who that is.

But I think he is a douchebag for even considering it. And deserves a swift kick in the throat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on May. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

what is he running for? and what state?

I dont see how someones sexual preference has any bearing on how they handle a gun or how they protect and serve.

what a douche bag

jpalmer
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
He is the US senator from kentucky...he is running against obama...

Quoting Leelee1008:

I dont see how someones sexual preference has any bearing on how they handle a gun or how they protect and serve.

what a douche bag

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on May. 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a democrat, so he wont be getting my vote!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting Leelee1008:

what a douche bag

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Ugh!  I don't see who someone sleeps with as any sort of reason why they can't protect our country.  This guy needs to get a grip and leave well enough alone!

jpalmer
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly!!! It takes courage to fight for this country...and thats all that matters!!! It shouldn't matter who your sleeping with!!!

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Ugh!  I don't see who someone sleeps with as any sort of reason why they can't protect our country.  This guy needs to get a grip and leave well enough alone!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Me too!!! Yey!!!

Quoting Leelee1008:

I am a democrat, so he wont be getting my vote!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting Leelee1008:

what a douche bag

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I know!  I will never understand this or any form of discrimination.  It's just ridiculous!

Quoting jpalmer:

Exactly!!! It takes courage to fight for this country...and thats all that matters!!! It shouldn't matter who your sleeping with!!!

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

starreyedcutie
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I'm for it!!!!! And i hope I hope it goes back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)