Group Home

Smarter Home: Cool Accessories For Your Patio

Posted by   + Show Post

I live in an apartment in NYC. I do not have a patio. But I know many folks that do, including my mom and dad and friends (yes, even here in NYC, some apartments have outdoor space). Grilling out, letting the kids run around outside while sipping some java...all cool. What can make that patio even cooler? These accessories will bump that patio's status from cool to awesome.

No Muss, No Fuss Lighting -- These little tea lights add some chic mood lighting for those after hour chats. The great thing about them: they are "smart" candles. All flicker, no wax, no hazards. Safe for everyone, including the kids.

The Only Outdoor Chair You Need -- Check this one out. Yes, you need a tree, so it doesn't technically go on the patio, but still, it is fabulous. Like a chair cocoon for you to curl up in and read and hopefully doze in the afternoon sun.

Think Beyond Wind Chimes -- I have given this as a gift and they loved it. These brass temple bells not only create an amazing, chill sound when blown by the wind, they are a good focal point and add weight to the area.

Eat Without Unwanted Guests -- How many times has that fly had more of your hamburger than you in the summertime? No more! This netting goes over the top of your table umbrella and provides an unassuming, see-through shield as you dine or sit outside (yes, it has a slit through which you get in and out). 

What is the best thing you got for your patio? What do you want to get? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/kropic

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
kgmmw
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I really want to decorate our patio but have yet to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM
dont have a patio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Ooh! Cool! I should get one for Tony!

Quoting slw123:

I got a Brookstone wireless outdoor speaker to hook up to my mp3 player.  It sounds great and it's made to be outdoors, LOVE IT!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I want a patio now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM

neat ideas

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I don't have a patio. But I'd like to concentrate on getting some decorations. So when we get into our own house I'll have some decorations. Dh might build us another porch swing and I think he's going to build me more planter boxes. 

alliesmom112
by Sandy on May. 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I want new patio furniture this year. I am trying to talk dh into it.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on May. 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting GraceHudson:

looks nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Cute

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

we don't have a patio, just a small balcony.  we have a big rubbermaid box that we keep all the kids outdoor toys in; balls, jump ropes, frisbees, etc.  takes up a bit of the balcony space but better than having it inside the apartment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.