Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smart Style: Bikinis for Pregnant Mamas

Posted by   + Show Post

Open any celebrity magazine, and you'll see tons of photos of gorgeous pregnant celebrities strolling down the beach, flaunting their pregnant bellies in bikinis. But while most celebrity style is way out of the average person's reach, you can actually get this look for yourself.

Bikini designer Ashleigh Paige runs down the dos and don'ts of pregnant mamas rocking bikinis. Fit is key...anything clingy or uncomfortable is just going to make you feel worse about yourself at a time you're pretty fragile. A nice supportive top and flattering bottom, however, is going to make you feel like the goddess you are. Color is also important...this is a great time to experiment and see what flatters you.

The other big don't? White. White makes you look bigger and can get really see-through. And I have to disagree with something Paige advocates...triangle tops for moms. Um, no...those little scraps of fabric have no support whatsoever and will not contain your new pregnant endowment. As a matter of fact, once you have a baby your triangle days are pretty much over. That said, this is a great time to flaunt your swelly belly and rock on with your hot self...pregnant women are beautiful!

Did you wear a bikini while pregnant? Would you?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
2and2onway
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I think its so cute (I am a heffer so you would never squeeze me into one pregnant or not though lol_)

PookaboosMom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM
I did all last summer/fall :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolkidsmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

i would never wear a bikini when pregnant. 

koolkidsmom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

but it's just me.  Everyone has their own thing.

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I never wear one so I certainly wouldn't start when I was pregnant. 

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I don't care is any one else does though. I see plenty of people in bikinis that I wouldn't be wearing if I was them. Why should pregnant ladies be any different?

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

NO!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Same here.  My advice is rock it if you can!  lol

Quoting Rushn311:

I wouldn't because I am not thin, but hey, I see nothing wrong with it. Pregnant woman can swim too!

styler7
by Stacey on May. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I wore them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I never have worn one, even prepregnancy at 120 lbs!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Im not sold on it I never would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)