Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FB rules for a 10year old

Posted by   + Show Post

so my dh gave our son the ok to have a fb account.. well he told me its ok so I get to give my son the good news.. tomorrow..

There will be some rules for him.. I will list the rules.. please tell me what you think and add more

1.) FB will be private

2) Only  accept friends that you know and your mom and dad know and say its ok

3) show us pictures first before you post them

Anything else

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM
i agree with this.

Quoting naiyly:

Monitor the friends that he adds especially someone he doesn't know...delete any people he added that you do not approve of

Watch for use of bad language by others, inapproprate photos or links to websites he doesn't know...

Monitor stuff he downloads to his facebook page like songs or videos.... some are inappropriate for a ten year old.

Check his page often and make him delete anything that you feel is not appropriate...

My ten year old grand-nephew is on facebook and his mom has the password so she can check what is on his page,,,I have seen her delete friends he shoul not have..I hope this helps...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Mom and dad must be on your friends list.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting hfaddis:

i'd probably set it up where He did not know the password, you had to log him on and off that way you can better monitor it considering his age. 

I like this idea a lot !

CafeMom Tickers
wendums1229
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM

our 13 yr old has one and we ...well me lol is the only one with the password. This way we know when he is on. No going to a friends house and signing on., Also I used my atl. email addy so I know what request he gets. Only allowed to add someone he knows IN PERSON. This was a biggie as he was sayin that he knew a lot of the ppl on his site.....from the site. In other words he had never met them, but they were friends....on FB. Not the same sorry. He is listed as private and his real age is on there so FB knows he is a minor but its private too. no address listed house i mean. no schools and we used a dummy pic for his profile. oh and a dummy name. hope this helps good luck!! let us know how it turns out.

wendums1229
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM

(the dummy name we used was his screen name)

FROM FB

Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
  2. You will not create more than one personal profile.
  3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
  4. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
  5. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
  6. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
  7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
  8. You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
  9. You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
  10. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).

Never knew this.

My 12 yr old wants one in the worst way but he is too immature. My other son just happen to be 13 so I guess we lucked out lol

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 5, 2012 at 4:49 PM
i guess i would add in you have the password. my friend is actually the only one with the password to her 15yo account so they can only log in when she logs them in. do surprise checks etc. But i personally will not allow my kids to have them until at least 13 but probably longer. I dont even let them use the build a bear site. I dont feel children need the internet. they would always just email pics and messages to their grandparents. its pretty much the same thing only not millions of other people will see the messages and photos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM
i personally dont have a facebook either though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on May. 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Quoting tayanddyl:

Good rules
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I thought fb states you have to be 13 to have an account.  Since you would have to break the rules to set him up an account, I don't advocate it.  Kind of teaching him to not tell the truth.  However, if you decide to do it, then I think your rules are okay.

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

you have the password

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN