Group Home

Interesting end...UPDATE!

Posted by   + Show Post

Eta: the loud bang I heard was a gunshot. Omg. Some kids that just moved in across the street from woman beater were having a party. I guess something went bad and shots were fired. Holy shit bricks. This used to be a decent neighborhood.

....to an interesting day.

I like my neighborhood for the most part, I have made some good friends...even my neighbor who blares his music has mellowed out. The only problem we typically see is cops being called on the woman beating drug dealer who lives on the corner...even that has gotten rare.

But today has been exciting.

First of all, let me say that the duplex across the street from me has sat empty for two years and the owner has just now started repairing it.

Well the house next to it has a family that has been having a rough go lately, and their water got shut off for two days. In that time they went over to the empty house and filled up a five gallon bucket to flush their toilet with. Someone saw them and told the owner of the empty house. Owner freaked out and calls the cops.

Guy who took the water wasn't home, but his girlfriend and his mother were sitting over on my friend's porch with us so her dd could play with our kids. He comes over and asks if we saw anything, my friend and I say no, the guys gf and mom say nothing.

Apparently the guy said that he wouldn't press charges if they pay $50 "because that's how much higher the water bill was" None of our water bills on our street are over $40, but whatever.

The owner guy goes back across the street and calls water theif, who we know is almost there, and says he is leaving and will just press charges since he hasn't made it back yet. At that point water theif's mom goes over there, words are exchanged, she says she will pay it, but only with a receipt. They argue, owner guy finally writes up a receipt. For some reason another screaming match ensues. Water theif pulls up, confirms that owner has been paid, and receipt has been issued, proceeds to yell some not so nice words. More words exchanged.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, when cops came out earlier, officer was chased by swarm of bees because owner guys house is infested. Cop calls fire department and they spray foam bee killing stuff. Charge owner guy $2000.

Later that evening we're still all sitting outside (we do this a lot, can ya tell?).

Friends SO sees douchebag dirtbike guy outside and goes over to talk to him...because he talks to everyone (he's called douchebag dirtbike guy because he rides his loud ass dirtbike up and down the street in the middle of the night, and he looks like a jersey shore douchebag). Anywho friends so finds out that they're out there with a bunch of people making a deal to trade the dirtbike, which we learn is stolen, for a stolen 4 wheeler. Awesome. Friend's SO walks away from that mess. Not a minute later two officers show up. Argument ensues between police and dirtbike douchebag and his girlfriend. Police say they will be back with warrant and leave.

We then continue our gossiping the rest of the evening until mosquitos start eating us alive....we then say our goodnights and usher the kids into our houses.

Midnight rolls around, I'm sitting here watching SNL when I hear a loud noise that I can't even begin to describe. I look out my front door and douchebag dirtbike guy's girlfriend has her car parked halfway into my front yard, and is yelling something down the street. I proceed to shut and lockdown my house.

I go to my bedroom and peek out the window. Douchebag dirtbike guy is walking up and down the street with woman beater on the corner. Crazy girlfriend gets in car and burns rubber the whole half a block down to her house. Less than five minutes later two more cops roll up and stop at woman beaters house on the corner.

An hour later and they are still parked down the street from our street. Weird.

It's days like today that I hate that dh is a trucker and never home. Thankfully I have two neighbors who are really big tough guys and very nice, one being friend's SO. But jeesh.

What an eventful day. Typically our street is pretty nice and quiet....apparently super moon brings out the crazy in people.

Sorry it's long and poorly written, I have a hard time typing things out and making them comprehensible when I am mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Replies (21-28):
PookaboosMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Yeah I do agree. I told them if it ever happens again they can take it from my hose. I told them they wouldn't even have to ask.....because I think they were ashamed is why they went there.

Quoting othermom:

Wow, that is all very messed up. The neighbors having trouble should have asked some one who was there to fill their bucket, not gone to the empty house

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Yeah, I'm happy that the people in the houses surrounding me are all great. Especially since my husband is rarely home.

Quoting proudmommy690:

wow how scary (about the gun shot) its crappy we cant even live comfortably any more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on May. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

lol oh well, maybe the reason the tenants stopped paying was because he over charged them. I hate people like that. I just still think its funny that he wanted to bitch about a little water but got slapped with a 2k bill for pest removal, that was the icing on the cake. Maybe next time he will be a little more compassionate to neighbors who are down on their luck.

Quoting PookaboosMom:

The guy was a total jerk. I kinda insulted him too. I assumed he just bought his duplex and was renovating it...and I mentioned how it was nice that someone finally took the initiative to fix it uo because it had become a real eyesore(it was in realllllllly bad shape)

Turns out he owned it all this time and let it set empty for two years because "he got tired of dealing with tenants who don't pay"

Quoting Leelee1008:

oh and LMAO at the 2k bill for being a jerk. Karma works pretty fast sometimes LOL.

Samanthamommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Wow, crazy.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

OMG hhow scary, I am gladyou are okay.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Wow!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Oh my, that sounds like a crazy night. 

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.