Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got my dad the coolest birthday present everrr UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

My dad is really hard to shop for, he doesn't want anything and doesn't need anything. He rarely lets on about things that he likes except for cars and stuff like that. He lives on a farm.. Anyway theres this ice cream place/farm/golf course that he likes to take my son to sometimes, and they have a golden pheasant there. Everytime he goes he comments on how much he likes that thing. So, with his birthday coming up I was trying to come up with ideas and the idea popped into my head to get him a pheasant. I didn't think I could get him a golden pheasant but I knew it was the time of year that places would be getting in baby pheasants and stuff so I thought i could get him a ringneck or something. they're not nearly as pretty but I really didn't think I could get a golden, I didn't even know where to begin to look for one since people don't usually buy pheasants as pets.. well the only problem with those is you usually have to order them in advance and I missed the order dates.. so I started calling around and got this guys phone number. He raises pheasants but he only has eggs right now, but he said he was going to an animal auction this weekend and could basically get me anything I wanted... needless to say in a few short hours I'm going to be picking up my golden pheasant! I'll post pics when I get them but in the mean time this is what they look like.

Update:

So, the picture I posted earlier was from google to show what they look like... Anyway my dad was beyond happy. At first I think he was shocked, and then when that wore off he couldn't stop smiling. I actually got a two for one deal because the guy had to buy the pheasants as a pair at the auction so I got a male and a female... The male is the one that will be brightly colored, but right now he's young so he doesn't look like that yet. This is what he looks like now, and he'll look like the above picture by next year.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (41-43):
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM

wow..love the colors!

emilyrosenj
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM
What a fun gift! Glad he liked it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 8, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Gorgeous bird!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)