Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At least she doesn't panic...

Posted by   + Show Post

Whenever dd5 is in pain, she doesn't panic. Like, ever. When dh slammed her fingers in the car, and then locked the door... she didn't panic. "Ummm, excuse me, my fingers are in the door. My fingers, mom, he shut my fingers in the door." She didn't elevate her voice, cry out, nothing.

DH was holding her today, and I guess he had her in an very awkward position. "My neck, it is pretty uncomfortable."

It is the oddest thing ever. I will take this, though, over her screaming bloody murder over a scraped knee.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
kaidansmylife
by Stacie on May. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

OMG I totally thought Kaidan was just a little freak!! He is the exact same way! Unless there is blood and even then he just gags and crys but he doesnt do it loudly at all, he more whimpers to himself. Its so strange!! Generally he just says "im alright" and keeps right on trucking. I seriously thought something was wrong with him! LoL Hes 5. 

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:18 AM

My son is the same way. Unfortunately, that also means that an accident could result in a broken bone and I would have no idea... It actually happened yesterday afternoon when his finger got slammed in a door and somehow he lost his entire fingernail. We ended up in the ER to make sure it wasn't broken, there was blood all over, and he hardly even whimpered...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

2and2onway
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Is she feeling the pain? You might want to have that evaluated.

PookaboosMom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Madi is the same way. My little neighbors aren't though. They cry at the slighgest touch of pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:51 AM
she may have high pain tolerence....I did that to my SO completely shut his fingers in the door, he was like uh my hand, can you open the door please? I was like why? my hand is in the door. lol it was interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I wish my DD was a little like that. When my child is hurt people 3 counties over can hear her scream. It's horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 7, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Hmm... That could actually be an inability to feel pain... Lol

I saw thinking the same thing.  My grandson has a sensory disorder and does not feel pain.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

sweetpea1269
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM
She is definitely feeling the pain. You can see it in her eyes. She just doesn't react the way I expect. She has always been this way. She has never cried during shots. Not even as a newborn. And now, when the doctors give her shots, she wont turn and look away. She has to have her nose right next to the needle, watching it go in.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Is she feeling the pain? You might want to have that evaluated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I am confident that she would inform me of a fall, slip, or whatever, so that I can evaluate the situation. The doctor said she has no sensory problems. It is just... odd! Lmao

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

My son is the same way. Unfortunately, that also means that an accident could result in a broken bone and I would have no idea... It actually happened yesterday afternoon when his finger got slammed in a door and somehow he lost his entire fingernail. We ended up in the ER to make it wasn't broken, there was blood all over, and he hardly even whimpered...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)