Group Home

At least she doesn't panic...

Posted by   + Show Post

Whenever dd5 is in pain, she doesn't panic. Like, ever. When dh slammed her fingers in the car, and then locked the door... she didn't panic. "Ummm, excuse me, my fingers are in the door. My fingers, mom, he shut my fingers in the door." She didn't elevate her voice, cry out, nothing.

DH was holding her today, and I guess he had her in an very awkward position. "My neck, it is pretty uncomfortable."

It is the oddest thing ever. I will take this, though, over her screaming bloody murder over a scraped knee.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM

My girls have a high pain tolerance as well. So when they feel pain, it's extremely bad. 

dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I agree

Quoting tayanddyl:

You may want to have her checked, she may not be able to sense pain.

KristinRox
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hmm.. it kind of sounds like her pain isnt registering very well. I might talk to your doctor about that. Some children dont have proper pain signals to their brain, and that can end up dangerous. Im not saying that is this issue with your dd, but you could always bring it up to her doctor just to make sure.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I was concerned about that at first. She has been checked. He says she is fine. He said that some people just respond differently to pain.

When I am in severe pain, I tend to curl around it, breathe deep, and wait it out.

Quoting KristinRox:

Hmm.. it kind of sounds like her pain isnt registering very well. I might talk to your doctor about that. Some children dont have proper pain signals to their brain, and that can end up dangerous. Im not saying that is this issue with your dd, but you could always bring it up to her doctor just to make sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I dunno.. maybe you should get a second opinion. A nonchalant reaction to getting your fingers jammed in the car door, just sounds so off. Maybe that is just her normal reaction.. but its hard for me to gulp.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I was concerned about that at first. She has been checked. He says she is fine. He said that some people just respond differently to pain.

When I am in severe pain, I tend to curl around it, breathe deep, and wait it out.

Quoting KristinRox:

JOIN US ON:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Wish I was that brave!
amyjane22
by Amy on May. 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Wow, she definitely keeps her composure!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I had my fingers slammed in a door and never cried. I have a high tolerance for pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I have a high pain tolerance for some things like childbirth.  In 7 delivers I have only asked for an epidural once and by then it was too late my baby was born five minutes later.   Now my teeth are a totally differnt story I have a very low tolerennce there and have to be gased just for a cleaning. 

tinkerxbell
by Emily on May. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Can she feel pain properly? I still cry if I'm in enough pain, and I'd sure be crying if my fingers got slammed in the car door.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80