Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow girlfriend for hire! only 5$

http://www.girlfriendhire.com/

This is ridiculous. This site, GirlfriendHire, boasts the tagline, “Girls make up creative fling ideas, Boys pay for the fling.” Essentially, it connects guys with girls to do their homework or prank their girlfriends…all for $5. On the site's homepage, users can scroll through categories from "fake breakup," to "relationship advice" and "homework help." It was founded by a college student (male) as a way for girls to make money while pursuing higher education, a way "for girls to be their own bosses and guys to have something fun — a tool to use, if you want to call it that."

This concept is not quite new. Ever since the dawn of time — or at least the dawn of summer overnight camp -- nerdy, needy guys have been making up pretend girlfriends to prove they can actually score. But why rely on your imagination and a web of intricate lies ("Yeah guy, she's totally hot. She lives in Vancouver, though. I met her at my cousin's wedding.") when a website can do everything for you?

If you want a user-perspective, check out this review and user manual on Gizmodo. It’s kinda hilarious.

I feel like this is crazy. Hot girls sending pics and texts and masquerading as a girlfriend on Facebook for lonely boys? Do you ever wonder how we got here? Is it meant to make a real-life girlfriend jealous? Meant to make a loser dude look cool to his bros? I just don’t get it.

Our verdict: WTF. I repeat, I just don’t get it.

What do you think? Is this arrangement empowering for anyone involved? Would you consider joining and “selling your services?”

i
know my grammar is poor and so is my spelling and sometimes my wording
is odd please understand i have severe dyslexia i do run spell check but
it dose not always fine all my mess up when i misuse a word pointing
out my  mess ups is fine with me and i will be more then happy to fix
them however rude comments will not get them fix thank you for
understand:)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-14):
aubsmom09
by Erin on May. 7, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Wow is all I can say about that.

tayanddyl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

SMH!

dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM

wow

KristinRox
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Craziness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN