Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips how I can boost my sons self esteem

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 10 and really had a hard time in school this year.. He is in 4th grade and his class wasnt the best.. Only about 8 boys my son included and some of them almost all of them are trouble makers.. And one of them even bullied my son.. we did go to school about that and it has been pretty much taken care of.

Some kids call him names like Freckle Face.. yes my son has freckles.. but he is my freckle face:)  Some tell him to shut up and just other things..

Tonight he told me that he doesnt want to go to school because he is tired of  being made fun of (is that correct english)! ?

I try to tell him that they are just jealous because he is soo smart...

I also do believe my is a bit sensitive when it comes to things like that.. he takes everything extremely seriously..

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM

First, if he is being made fun of, that is bullying.  I would deal with the school again.  

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Im soo tired... going to school, same story every darn time.. For awhile it was ok.. He said he cant wait for the break and then go to 5th grade.. I hope the school knows whats going and wont put him in the same class with the other boys.. (well the ones he doesnt get along with) Only till june 5..

Quoting mrswillie:

First, if he is being made fun of, that is bullying.  I would deal with the school again.  

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Quoting mamivon2:

Im soo tired... going to school, same story every darn time.. For awhile it was ok.. He said he cant wait for the break and then go to 5th grade.. I hope the school knows whats going and wont put him in the same class with the other boys.. (well the ones he doesnt get along with) Only till june 5..

Quoting mrswillie:

My ds was being bullied.  I called every time (it was about everyday). I also followed up with an email to the principal after each.  This way I had a paper trail.  After a couple times, I forward all the emails to the Board of Ed and pulled my son out until they could guarentee a safe learning enviroment.  There are laws against bullying.

My ds would say the same things...he didn't want to go, etc.  I was worried about suicide.  Can you get him in couseling to help cope?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting mamivon2:

Quoting mrswillie:

My ds was being bullied.  I called every time (it was about everyday). I also followed up with an email to the principal after each.  This way I had a paper trail.  After a couple times, I forward all the emails to the Board of Ed and pulled my son out until they could guarentee a safe learning enviroment.  There are laws against bullying.

My ds would say the same things...he didn't want to go, etc.  I was worried about suicide.  Can you get him in couseling to help cope?

This is what I would do . The school knows me when I go there.Every child should have a safe learning enviroment.

daerca574
by Danya on May. 8, 2012 at 8:09 AM

My daughter went through an ordeal like this, not as bad, but i just told her to fight back.  if they called her a name, just to look at them and say "so what"  Seriously, kids can be so mean and i just didn't want my child to feel sad at school.  She is in high school now. She still struggles with being left out of things, but knows who her real friends are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)