Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my heart has just been ripped from my chest :(

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 36 Replies

Our beautiful iguana Scrambler just died :( We though she was going to be lying more eggs any day now because she had stopped eating a few days ago and was sluggish. But that is 100% normal when they lay eggs. She was fine this morning when we went to feed her but felt a little cold. So we have our heat blasting in the house right now. But DH went to check on her just now and she is gone :( She would have been 8 this August. I know thats a good life and I really think she may have just been to old to have laid eggs (like chickens they lay eggs even without mating) so I dont think a vet would have been able to help her if we had thought it was something else. But I feel just terrible. I wish we never moved to NH to be with DH family. We have have the space and have lost 6 of our 8 pets just for having to live here. And now I have to wrap her up and have her sit in my freezer where I can see her everyday until we can afford to have her cremated (which I can do without any help, its just painful even though I know she would sit in a freezer at a vet hospital since they only pic up once a week at best). She was just an awesome pet and I am going to miss her tremendously. Part of me really dislikes my children right now because we had the pets first and all they have done is suffer since the kids were born and they do it quitely and love us all the same. and all Danica and Cace will do right now is scream and cry, and Cace has colored on every wall of the house while we sit crying and has broken a kicthen chair throwing it. I just cant take it :( and I wish my Scramb was still with us :(

August 4, 2004- May 9, 2012

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karissa_ruiz
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Thats so hard. hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I'm so sorry for your family's loss ;( Can you guys have a little funeral for her? I remember doing that for my pets when I was little. My neighbor even made a wooden cross for my cat's grave. I was devastated, but I think being able to do that really helped me cope. My four year old was very sad when her fish died, but when I told her that he was an angel in heaven she wasn't so upset. I don't know if you are religious, but that really helped her to not be sad anymore. I even got a smile when I told her he had wings and was flying around. We aren't religious, but I think kids should have some sort of comfort when it comes to their pets dying.

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM
aww! :( im sooo sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM

hugs

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM
i am not relgious, but i think most religions dont allow animals in heaven :( luckily the kids are only 10 m and 2 1/2. I dont think older ds will understand she is even gone since he has some delays. So thats a plus at least, nothing to explain to them. We are going to cremate her and have her ashes returned, we just dont get paid til next week. She will still be with us, I know. It just seems like yesterday we rescused her and she fit in the palm of my hand. now she is longer then I am tall :(

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

I'm so sorry for your family's loss ;( Can you guys have a little funeral for her? I remember doing that for my pets when I was little. My neighbor even made a wooden cross for my cat's grave. I was devastated, but I think being able to do that really helped me cope. My four year old was very sad when her fish died, but when I told her that he was an angel in heaven she wasn't so upset. I don't know if you are religious, but that really helped her to not be sad anymore. I even got a smile when I told her he had wings and was flying around. We aren't religious, but I think kids should have some sort of comfort when it comes to their pets dying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I'm so sorry! I know how it feels to lose a pet. They are part of your family. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on May. 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM

omfg i am sooooooo sorry hun!

that hurts me so much b/c i too love iguana's!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM

So sorry for your loss, hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)