Group Home

I think my heart has just been ripped from my chest :(

Posted by   + Show Post

Our beautiful iguana Scrambler just died :( We though she was going to be lying more eggs any day now because she had stopped eating a few days ago and was sluggish. But that is 100% normal when they lay eggs. She was fine this morning when we went to feed her but felt a little cold. So we have our heat blasting in the house right now. But DH went to check on her just now and she is gone :( She would have been 8 this August. I know thats a good life and I really think she may have just been to old to have laid eggs (like chickens they lay eggs even without mating) so I dont think a vet would have been able to help her if we had thought it was something else. But I feel just terrible. I wish we never moved to NH to be with DH family. We have have the space and have lost 6 of our 8 pets just for having to live here. And now I have to wrap her up and have her sit in my freezer where I can see her everyday until we can afford to have her cremated (which I can do without any help, its just painful even though I know she would sit in a freezer at a vet hospital since they only pic up once a week at best). She was just an awesome pet and I am going to miss her tremendously. Part of me really dislikes my children right now because we had the pets first and all they have done is suffer since the kids were born and they do it quitely and love us all the same. and all Danica and Cace will do right now is scream and cry, and Cace has colored on every wall of the house while we sit crying and has broken a kicthen chair throwing it. I just cant take it :( and I wish my Scramb was still with us :(

August 4, 2004- May 9, 2012

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Replies (31-36):
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM
thank you ladies. I thought I would have to wait til thursday to bring her somewhere because it seemed $129 was the going price, but a location that was closed has called me back and will return her ashes back to me, same day even for $70! I actually have that much in my paypal right now. So I might be able to bring her today if dh makes it home with the car in time to drive out there. Which is good, because I will not open my freezer again until we bring her and we can only eat so much food from cabinets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on May. 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM
she was. thank you!

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Oh mama! I'm so sorry! Hugs, she was beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM

im so sorry!

slw123
by Shawna on May. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Awwwwww, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci