Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Which Side Are You On?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mothers' Day is one day where I feel very, very lucky.  I went through two and a half years of infertility before finally getting pregnant with my daughter (her brother was much quicker about it but still took his sweet time). For many years, Mothers' Day was a tough one for me, a reminder of what I wanted so much and didn't have.

Now, not only do I get to celebrate being a mother to two of the most gorgeous, funny, sweet, intelligent people on the planet (really, they are!), but I'm lucky enough to have my own mom around to celebrate with. We live close, so we get to see each other a lot and usually do brunch (our favorite meal) at my house or hers for Mothers' Day.

For those of us who are lucky enough to spend the day with our moms, when do you shift from being the daughter on Mothers' Day to being the mother? My own mom has generously offered to host most years since my kids have come along; she says it's because she remembers  what it was like to have young children and wants to give me a break. But I kind of feel like she is Senior Mother and deserves to be pampered a little too. Of course, we'll probably make my dad and my husband clean up!

How do you celebrate your own mom on Mothers' Day?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
nlonnon
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
I celebrate my mom and my kids celebrate me. We give her a gift and card and generally my dad will cook our favorite meal. Honestly my mom and MIL don't usually wish me happy mother's day and I am okay with that since I am not their mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I'm taking her out for dinner ;)

fraujones
by Amanda on May. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I spent the morning with my mom. We went to church and then I took her to lunch. Later DH took me out to dinner with the kids and our niece.

koolkidsmom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

My mother passed way in 2000 of Cancer.

koolkidsmom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM

it's so nice you celebrate with yours that's the way it should be.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

We go to breakfast

malexander2009
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I like getting her to come to church with us our church does a huge mother's day celebration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM

We usually just get her a card and have her over for dinner.

chiquis
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM
We usually have one big get together for all moms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM
We do a visit and buy her a gift :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN