Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bristol Palin Rips Obama Gay Marriage Is WRONG ... and So Is 'Glee

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 33 Replies

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/10/bristol-palin-obama-a-bad-father-for/

Bristol Palin Rips Obama
Gay Marriage Is WRONG
... and So Is 'Glee'
Breaking News

0510_bristol_palin_barack_obama_tmz_getty_1
"Glee" is bad for America ... so says Bristol Palin ... who just took a shot at the show during an anti-gay marriage blog entry aimed at Barack Obama.

Palin makes it clear -- she believes Obama is a weak, pathetic, stupid man for allowing his daughters to influence his opinion on gay marriage.

In her blog entry, Palin writes, "While it’s great to listen to your kids’ ideas, there’s also a time when dads simply need to be dads. In this case, it would’ve been helpful for him to explain to Malia and Sasha that while her friends parents are no doubt lovely people, that’s not a reason to change thousands of years of thinking about marriage."

The 21-year-old unwed mother continues, "As great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Ideally, fathers help shape their kids’ worldview."

"I guess we can be glad that Malia and Sasha aren’t younger, or perhaps today’s press conference might have been about appointing Dora the Explorer as Attorney General because of her success in stopping Swiper the Fox."

Then comes the shot at "Glee" ... as Palin continues, "Sometimes dads should lead their family in the right ways of thinking. In this case, it would’ve been nice if the President would’ve been an actual leader and helped shape their thoughts instead of merely reflecting what many teenagers think after one too many episodes of Glee."

by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mompinionated
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM
5 moms liked this
Because she's such a beacon of morals...What a tool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Lol.

Quoting Mompinionated:

tayanddyl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... I wonder if she reads this and thinks it sounds as stupid as I think it does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

ahahahaha

Quoting Mompinionated:

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Closeminded, ignorant people kill me.  Sad part is, she really thinks she's right, ugh!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM
5 moms liked this

Why isn't she allowed to feel as she wishes on the gay marriage "issue" or any other issues? Why don't we post about someone that is for gay marriage or for abortion or whatever else and then all "rip" into them? What I don't get is how people on here decide who is on the right side of these issues. Wow...

tinkerxbell
by Emily on May. 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

tayanddyl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
I'm not saying she's wrong for being against gay marriage. They way she voiced her opinion is what's stupid. Saying he's stupid for allowing his kids to influence his decision and all the other negative things she said is what I disagree with.

As mother's do we listen when our kids talk? Don't we make decisions based on how they feel and if it would affect them later in life?

I'm neither for nor against gay marriage. Its not my business what people do in their bedrooms. I applaud him for taking a stand, even though it was an uncomfortable one he did it!

Quoting VintageWife:

Why isn't she allowed to feel as she wishes on the gay marriage "issue" or any other issues? Why don't we post about someone that is for gay marriage or for abortion or whatever else and then all "rip" into them? What I don't get is how people on here decide who is on the right side of these issues. Wow...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I worry that we're being too quick to applaud him considering it's an election year. Doesn't anyone wanna ask why he didn't feel that way last year or the year before? Why just when it's getting down to the wire? 

Quoting tayanddyl:

I'm not saying she's wrong for being against gay marriage. They way she voiced her opinion is what's stupid. Saying he's stupid for allowing his kids to influence his decision and all the other negative things she said is what I disagree with.

As mother's do we listen when our kids talk? Don't we make decisions based on how they feel and if it would affect them later in life?

I'm neither for nor against gay marriage. Its not my business what people do in their bedrooms. I applaud him for taking a stand, even though it was an uncomfortable one he did it!

Quoting VintageWife:

tayanddyl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM
AND, her kid's father isn't around so does this mean his view will be tainted also? I don't think she had a chance to fully digest the question and give an intelligent answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)