Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: The Right Eyeglasses for Your Face

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

I wear glasses. Right, most morning, I stick those contacts in, but at nights, I have plastic frames sitting on my nose. And let's not forget about sunglasses. I've spent hours in eyeglass stores, trying on every different style and shape of spectacles. Are you the same way? Thing is, I know there is a science to it. I know there are tried-and-true hints on what will look good on my long, oval face shape. Here's the scoop on picking the best glasses for your face!

Figure out your face shape. According to the experts, there are some usual face shapes: oval, round, inverted triangle, regular triangle, square, diamond, and oblong.

Find a frame that is opposite your shape and heighten good features. Think about it. If you have a wide face, pick frames that are narrow and wider than your face. If you have blue eyes, pick glasses with a blue tint to make them pop. All of those will help enhance your look.

Ideas for frames for certain face shapes:

Round: Make a round face appear slimmer by choosing a frame with angles that are narrow.

Oval: To keep this balanced shape balanced, choose a frame that is wider than the widest part of the face.

Inverted Triangle: Try a wireless frame.

Square: To lengthen the face, pick narrow frames with narrow openings.

Do you wear glasses? How did you choose your frame?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ TommL

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM
I just got a new pair. I try on a bunch until I find one that looks good
jendawn1
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:49 AM
I don't wear glasses but I'm in the process of looking for sunglasses. It takes me a LONG time to find the right pair. Thanks for the tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I wear roundish ones, but my dd looks awesome in the rectangular shape better.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

interesting

wandep
by Pam on May. 15, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Will post picture later...will try to find a picture...This is the first year that I'm suppose to be wearing glasses all the time. I wanted some nicer ones. :) When I purchased my glasses I found them without looking at the price first. LOL

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I used to wear glasses

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I am supposed to wear glasses but when I put them on it just makes everything even blurrier than when I don't have them on.  Plus I had to go with the cheap lenses and they are all scratched to heck and back.   I picked the frames with my DH's help but I don't really like them and the part that sits on your nose isn't wide enough so they kinda just sit on my nose and that drives me nuts.

amy7243
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I am suppose to wear them but have not.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Yes, I just try them on and go for it!

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Good info. I need to get new glasses soon and will have to use these tips

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)