Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Fashion: The Right Eyeglasses for Your Face

Posted by   + Show Post

I wear glasses. Right, most morning, I stick those contacts in, but at nights, I have plastic frames sitting on my nose. And let's not forget about sunglasses. I've spent hours in eyeglass stores, trying on every different style and shape of spectacles. Are you the same way? Thing is, I know there is a science to it. I know there are tried-and-true hints on what will look good on my long, oval face shape. Here's the scoop on picking the best glasses for your face!

Figure out your face shape. According to the experts, there are some usual face shapes: oval, round, inverted triangle, regular triangle, square, diamond, and oblong.

Find a frame that is opposite your shape and heighten good features. Think about it. If you have a wide face, pick frames that are narrow and wider than your face. If you have blue eyes, pick glasses with a blue tint to make them pop. All of those will help enhance your look.

Ideas for frames for certain face shapes:

Round: Make a round face appear slimmer by choosing a frame with angles that are narrow.

Oval: To keep this balanced shape balanced, choose a frame that is wider than the widest part of the face.

Inverted Triangle: Try a wireless frame.

Square: To lengthen the face, pick narrow frames with narrow openings.

Do you wear glasses? How did you choose your frame?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ TommL

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-57):
AOKMom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

My kids don't need glasses anymore! Most kids should not use glasses, they can make your eyes worse.  My kids use a special retainer when they sleep, and see great all day long!  Plus this AOK retainer from Dr. Abraham Zlatin, O.D. F.O.A.A. helps slow down or stop the eyes from getting worse every year!  Here is some info for you.  http://www.eyehoo.blogspot.com/

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM
This reminds me I need new glasses. Thanks for the tips!
black.eyeliner
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM
The ones in the picture. Those are mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2behomenow
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I just got a new pair too!!   Found a great site---zenniopticle.com   You can upload your picture and then 'try on' tons of glasses. And they are SO inexpensive it's crazy! :)

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Yep

Quoting mrswillie:

interesting

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I wear round or oval. They look the best on me. I use zennioptical.com so i can upload a pic of my face and "try on" glasses that way :) I'm ordering some tonight actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Thanks for tip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)