Group Home

Smarter Fashion: The Right Eyeglasses for Your Face

Posted by   + Show Post

I wear glasses. Right, most morning, I stick those contacts in, but at nights, I have plastic frames sitting on my nose. And let's not forget about sunglasses. I've spent hours in eyeglass stores, trying on every different style and shape of spectacles. Are you the same way? Thing is, I know there is a science to it. I know there are tried-and-true hints on what will look good on my long, oval face shape. Here's the scoop on picking the best glasses for your face!

Figure out your face shape. According to the experts, there are some usual face shapes: oval, round, inverted triangle, regular triangle, square, diamond, and oblong.

Find a frame that is opposite your shape and heighten good features. Think about it. If you have a wide face, pick frames that are narrow and wider than your face. If you have blue eyes, pick glasses with a blue tint to make them pop. All of those will help enhance your look.

Ideas for frames for certain face shapes:

Round: Make a round face appear slimmer by choosing a frame with angles that are narrow.

Oval: To keep this balanced shape balanced, choose a frame that is wider than the widest part of the face.

Inverted Triangle: Try a wireless frame.

Square: To lengthen the face, pick narrow frames with narrow openings.

Do you wear glasses? How did you choose your frame?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ TommL

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
ethans_momma06
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I hate glasses

koolkidsmom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Reading glasses.

koolkidsmom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

just kept trying on different frames till I found one. lol

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

LOL

Quoting lizzig:

most of the time, she's only 8 after all! ;o)

Quoting celestegood:

LOL sounds like she has good taste!

Quoting lizzig:

good tips.  i do wear glasses & always pick out frames by asking employees at the dr's office & other customers.  i know what i like & have my ideas of what look good on me but when it comes to glasses i'll only be seeing what they look like on me when i glance in the mirror.  i think it's best to get the opinions of the general populace when it comes to what looks good on you.

my last pair my daugther picked out.  she liked them because they were black with bright pink accents.  i'm not a pink kinda gal but tried them on for her.  about 12 people (employees & other customers) told me how good they looked on me.  so i let majority rule in that case & went with them!

tinkerxbell
by Emily on May. 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I spent an eternity trying on different ones until I found a pair that I liked, that's how I chose lol

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 21, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I recently got some new glasses.  I tried on a bunch and my 5 year old helped me pick out two new pair!  I like them!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I don't wear glasses.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on May. 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM

i dont wear them

besosfantasies
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I love my new glasses! I tried on.. 50 at least because I chose them lol

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels