Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok, so i "thought" i could do the "specialK" plan.... not enough FS to buy all those darn "snacks". too pricey for only 5in a darn pack!

so...... can any one help me out with cheaper (snack's/food) options? im thinking of keeping both (yogurt & cereal but no more "specialK" snacks.)

so, the "carrot fry's" wasnt bad but cant make them TOO THIN or they burn! & yes they were VERY GOOD!

so what can i do to keep in low calories but have snacks too?

please help!

powow65 Smarter Living 

Corkie- InSide The Kitchen
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
tyfry7496
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Do NOT cut out any food. Eat proper portions but eat 6 small meals a day. A healthy weight loss plan doesn't cut out any food. Learn moderation and portion control. Eat when hungry stop when full. Drink water and unsweet iced tea. I lost 6.5 lbs in less than 3 weeks doing this and I feel good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Eat lots of fruits, nuts, and veggies. My nutrionist swears up and down that even before quality, comes quantity. How much are you eating?

Raw broccoli, carrots, celery in a balsamic vinegar/pepper mix are a great snack. Eat clean Before 11am and after 5pm. If you are going to have somethig unhealthy, it needs to be done in small quantities and during that small window of time. No eating after 11 pm. You want to go to bed "clean"

Lots of fiber. Leafy greens are great for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brit0813
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Kale. some like it, some don't. Google kale chips. I ate them a lot when I was pregnant this last time bc i craved chips and was diabetic :( i got used to them, but like I said, some don't like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM

oh, thanks for the info on the carrot fries.

have no clue for snacks though.  i pretty much just snack on fruit; apples, grapes, kiwi, etc.

Quoting powow65:

ok, so i "thought" i could do the "specialK" plan.... not enough FS to buy all those darn "snacks". too pricey for only 5in a darn pack!

so...... can any one help me out with cheaper (snack's/food) options? im thinking of keeping both (yogurt & cereal but no more "specialK" snacks.)

so, the "carrot fry's" wasnt bad but cant make them TOO THIN or they burn! & yes they were VERY GOOD!

so what can i do to keep in low calories but have snacks too?

please help!

kjdama
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's a great idea if you like doing the chips... Pampered Chef has this microwave tray to make chips on- and you can make chips out of anything like sweet potato, regular potato, zuchinni, etc. I wish I sold Pampered Chef to get me one, LOL! I was at a fundraiser party last week that featured thier products and the mom that was the rep made some really good chips with sweet potatoes and then with zuchini.

tayanddyl
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Eat fresh fruit and Veggies

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Lots of fresh fruits and veggies...

LifeCafe42
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Check out pinterest great ideas! Kale chips are supposed to be yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM
pinterest has tons of healthy snack/food ideas :)
dixiegurl223626
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

no idea, but good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN