Group Home

I got Nothing, again* update*

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

From DH for mothers day. Not even a card. I am not a materialistic person at all, I dont ask for much either. He used to put some effort into it, atleast got me a card and wrote a little in it, but anymore, nothing. I guess I am the one who does everything and takes care of it all, guess I didnt get the memo to buy myself a card from him LOL.

on a side note since my grandmom knows that he probably wont do anything, she got a card for the kids to give me as well as a hanging basket which I have been wanting. She got me a tulip as well.

Update*

well he got off of work yesterday and we had to drive to see his mom for a little bit. I had a roast in the crock pot and I was STARVING, so I was anxious to leave. He did acknowledge he did not get me anything not even a card and felt like a total A hole, but he had been working days and didnt go out. Not really an excuse since he could have took the car and went after work, but He had to have a beer every fricken day after work which then he could not drive. He said he would walk up and get a card for me, um at 6pm on mothers day? no, good luck with that, there is probably nothing left. So I heard the Ice cream man a few streets over and said You can get me a milk shake for mothers day, he went on about how he only had a little money left and needed cigarettes and put some gas in. I said oh ok, and walked in the room, almost in tears because once again his wants come before anyone elses. He then felt really really bad because I actually asked for it (which I hardly ever do) and went and got me one. he borrowed the money for cigarettes from his mom. we have plans to go out for dinner this week for a belated mothers day thing.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM
That was sweet of her. Talk to him about it, maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
i never get anything. he didnt even say happy mothers day. he left....like always. im sick of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My hubby doesn't get anything for me since I'm not his mom, but than again he doesn't do anything for his own mom. Maybe when the kids are older he might do something cause they want to if not I'm not that worried about it.

tazmidgiefairy
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I got a tshirt and since dh and I have no bio kids together he says it from him and our fur babies I have not heard from my sd at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I am glad that you got a card and flowers.

brit0813
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Sorry that your dh didn't do anything though :(

Quoting bether89:

I am glad that you got a card and flowers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof3smoochies
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I got the usual your not my mom comment. My husband doesn't do anything for me on this day or my birthday.
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM
My son asked for a card and dh bought it (ds is 3) and then this mornin as I was getting out of bed they were colorin in the living room (they raced me out) and colored pictures for me on their own. Dh had already been gone 2-3 hrs by this time.

I honestly don't care. If dh gets me something cool, if the kids do something even better. I would just like a day when my 3 & 6 yo wouldnt fight or back talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on May. 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM
That was nice of her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hfaddis
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I'm sorry sweety, dh almost forgot today was mother's day... lol then he heard my 4 year old yell Happy Mommy's Day soon as he woke up, and dh appologized for forgetting told me go lay down and enjoy my morning lol, so I did I watched a movie! with no kids interupting for the first time in forever lol.. then he made me breakfast in bed, It was a great morning, maybe your dh forgot today is the day? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky