Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Easy Ways to De-stress

Posted by   + Show Post

Who need a break? Okay, let me rephrase...who doesn't need a break? This whole mommy thing is pretty amazing, but on many occasions, it is tiring and frustrating. Add in everything else Life can toss at us, and we are an army of stressed-out moms.

Everyone de-stresses differently. You may love ice cream, while I may be lactose-intolerant and crave chocolate-covered pretzels. My husband loveslovesloves massages, but I can't stand them...they make me more stressed. Meanwhile, he cannot sit through any sort of fluffy romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel that does the calming trick for me.

Here are five great ways to calm, de-stress and knock down that anxiety!

Long bath -- Really, water and steam, some candles a good catalog or two and the worries just wash off into the tub.

Exercise -- Zumba or running six miles. Doesn't matter what you do, getting moving gets the stress to move out.

Dance party with the kids -- This may seem like an odd one, but turn up some awesome dance tunes and just let loose. Not only will it help you, it will tire out those kids, which means easier bedtime...which is a treat if I ever heard one.

Drink tea or hot chocolate -- Get some tasty warmth into your body. Soothing, calming, yumming (yes I made up that word).

Daydream -- When was the last time you stopped, put your head on a pillow and daydreamed. About anything...doesn't have to be big or small, just let your mind float where it wants to. Taking a break form planning and organizing and taking care of, well, everything for even a few minutes can do wonders for that stress level.

What is stressing you out these days...and how do you de-stress? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ topshotuk

by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
fraujones
by Amanda on May. 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I really struggle with stress. I vent to DH and that helps. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
great tips
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM

the better question for me is what's not stressing me out! ;o)

between all my son's injuries, hubby's continued medical issues we can't seem to resolve, the usual bills, the ever present family drama (which no matter how far away i live i still get roped into), my 8 1/2 year olds pre-teen attitude it seems all my day is stressful!

i love to get a cup of coffee, hot or iced, & curl up with a nice book.  i've gotten back into meditation which was always my go to in the past.  then there's always my favorite; putting on some "agressive" music, ala korn, beastie boys, white zombie, etc.  funny how the agressive music destresses me! 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Having my friends 3 sure if different. These children are used to running the roost and whine,whine,whine til they get their way. Sooo I print out color pages and let them color. I also crochet and drink my sweet tea as we listen to music. Can't wait for her to come get them tho..shhhh...lol..Boys have been QUITE the experience for me, I'll take 50 girls any day over these 2 boys. 

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I love long baths

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on May. 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM

music helps me a lot

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I walk at lunch but my break is work and that's not much of a break

momma-flynn
by Greta on May. 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

My dh & I destress completely opposite of eachother. He goes for a run & I take a long hot bath 

RutterMama
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I LOVE Zumba!!

maxswolfsuit
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I'm just wondering why yumming wasn't already a word!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)