Smarter Mom: Easy Ways to De-stress

Posted by   + Show Post

Who need a break? Okay, let me rephrase...who doesn't need a break? This whole mommy thing is pretty amazing, but on many occasions, it is tiring and frustrating. Add in everything else Life can toss at us, and we are an army of stressed-out moms.

Everyone de-stresses differently. You may love ice cream, while I may be lactose-intolerant and crave chocolate-covered pretzels. My husband loveslovesloves massages, but I can't stand them...they make me more stressed. Meanwhile, he cannot sit through any sort of fluffy romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel that does the calming trick for me.

Here are five great ways to calm, de-stress and knock down that anxiety!

Long bath -- Really, water and steam, some candles a good catalog or two and the worries just wash off into the tub.

Exercise -- Zumba or running six miles. Doesn't matter what you do, getting moving gets the stress to move out.

Dance party with the kids -- This may seem like an odd one, but turn up some awesome dance tunes and just let loose. Not only will it help you, it will tire out those kids, which means easier bedtime...which is a treat if I ever heard one.

Drink tea or hot chocolate -- Get some tasty warmth into your body. Soothing, calming, yumming (yes I made up that word).

Daydream -- When was the last time you stopped, put your head on a pillow and daydreamed. About anything...doesn't have to be big or small, just let your mind float where it wants to. Taking a break form planning and organizing and taking care of, well, everything for even a few minutes can do wonders for that stress level.

What is stressing you out these days...and how do you de-stress? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ topshotuk

by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
starreyedcutie
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Tea, music, comfy jammies and a movie :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Money, of course.

stacezilla
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I walk to destress also I find myself having afternoon dance parties with my girls.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM

My husband.  Try to relax when he is not home

Annierae2011
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM

My problem is that I feel like I am constantly havign to do something. Like I can't just sit down and watch a TV show, I have to be cleaning or cooking or doing barn work, etc... if I am home thats what it feels like. 

I literally have to damn near schedule everything anymore, and it felt the same way even befor I had my daughter. There just isn't enough time in the day for a working mom, a farm, kids and houses and everything else! 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I crochet...
Sophie4910
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Long baths for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMissCupcake
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

mt dew is my thing

wandep
by Pam on May. 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I exercise at Curves and take their zumba circuit classes. This month tho I have a broken toe so can't do zumba but I still do some of the machines that are upper arm machines.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
A long bath with candles sounds so nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: