Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Easy Ways to De-stress

Posted by   + Show Post

Who need a break? Okay, let me rephrase...who doesn't need a break? This whole mommy thing is pretty amazing, but on many occasions, it is tiring and frustrating. Add in everything else Life can toss at us, and we are an army of stressed-out moms.

Everyone de-stresses differently. You may love ice cream, while I may be lactose-intolerant and crave chocolate-covered pretzels. My husband loveslovesloves massages, but I can't stand them...they make me more stressed. Meanwhile, he cannot sit through any sort of fluffy romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel that does the calming trick for me.

Here are five great ways to calm, de-stress and knock down that anxiety!

Long bath -- Really, water and steam, some candles a good catalog or two and the worries just wash off into the tub.

Exercise -- Zumba or running six miles. Doesn't matter what you do, getting moving gets the stress to move out.

Dance party with the kids -- This may seem like an odd one, but turn up some awesome dance tunes and just let loose. Not only will it help you, it will tire out those kids, which means easier bedtime...which is a treat if I ever heard one.

Drink tea or hot chocolate -- Get some tasty warmth into your body. Soothing, calming, yumming (yes I made up that word).

Daydream -- When was the last time you stopped, put your head on a pillow and daydreamed. About anything...doesn't have to be big or small, just let your mind float where it wants to. Taking a break form planning and organizing and taking care of, well, everything for even a few minutes can do wonders for that stress level.

What is stressing you out these days...and how do you de-stress? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ topshotuk

by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
critter_boo
by Sarah on May. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Everything is stressing me right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on May. 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM
But I like to take an ice coffee I make or tea and craft
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendums1229
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I craft to de stress

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

And,---read a book, just for pleasure.  Amazon sells many books for .01 each !...  Or, you could get one free at the library !...  reading

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting wendums1229:

I craft to de stress

...And, ---you produce something TOO !!!...

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting LilMissCupcake:

mt dew is my thing

... Ah,---and Pepsi !!!

tinkerbellp
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I tried everything to aviod stress 2 be honest it really hard especially you have an dream thats what in your way drs in Mt sure dont wanna take their time to listen all they do is just say do this n that but, never easy

wendums1229
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting IndigoRose:

Quoting wendums1229:

I craft to de stress

...And, ---you produce something TOO !!!...

so true and if I do it good enough I can give it away and have that warm fuzzy feel good all over feeling that you get when you do something good!!! :~@)

happymommy8889
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Having a baby in six months on a budget my husband and I can barely survive on stresses me out.
And my very few destressers include music, ballet, and fudgy brownies.

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Take the handful of herbs,---a handful of fresh oregano is ideal !!!... Tie it up in a coffee filter with a rubber band.  Drop this in a hot bath,---slip in and enjoy !...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...  

( That's Chinese forget-me-not and ground ivy, above...  ^^^  Ground ivy has a pretty little flower in the Spring and will grow everywhere in temperate climates if you don't weed too vigorously !!! )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN