Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: The Long and Short of It

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 47 Replies

There are few changes that have as much immediate impact as changing your hair. And luckily, it's one of the most reversible if you hate it.

I recently chopped off about five inches of hair. I'd been wearing it a little longer than collarbone length since my son was born in 2008. The problem was that between coloring and heat styling, my hair had gotten really damaged and looked more ratty than cute. And I was just bored, bored, bored after several years of the same style.

I freaked out at first, not because my stylist did a bad job (she did a great job!) but because it was so different...and it's not fun to realize that the last time your hair was that short, you were considerably younger and thinner. That said, now that it's been a couple weeks, I love it. I even find myself dressing a little better to match my chic hairdo. I can't imagine ever going back to longer hair!

As far as color, I am just trying to match my original color before I went prematurely gray. I have friends who I am never sure what hair color they are going to be sporting the next time I see them. It's kind of fun and I wish I had their guts, to just change their whole look so easily.

Have you made any major hair changes recently? What's the most dramatic change you've ever made?

by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I've cut off several inches and donated it to locks of love. I have only dyed my hair a few times, myself. It came out bad. I did get highlights though...I loved them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM
I cut off 10 inches last month and colored it dark as compared to my typical natural blonde. It was a huge change but I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Most dramatic cutting it all off and dying it pink

nothing lately letting it grow out for now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 3:31 AM

i need to re-highlight my hair, but other than that i don't usually do much to my hair.  i like my hair long and am not very creative with it, long layers is my usual cut!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 18, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Nope!  This weekend I am going down to the beauty school to get my hair dyed.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:55 AM

I never have made any major hairstyle changes.  

lasombrs
by Sara on May. 18, 2012 at 7:24 AM
my hair was past my butt but in january i cut it a little past my shoulders. 18 in gone! my kids were just pulling it and standing out it when we try to play.

███ ████████ ██████
██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This comment has been
found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Please write your senators and congressmen and say no to these bills! http://sopastrike.com/strike

powow65
by kimmy on May. 18, 2012 at 7:28 AM

yes. i had long hair & when SO went to CA LA, i got my hair cut to the point where i cant put it up. (so from long to short)

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on May. 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Yes I have done so many crazy changes to my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM
No.I dyed it green once.Lol.Not on purpose
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)