Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update on my weight loss

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 20 Replies

I had decided not to weigh myself at home. I have a dial scale but I know that it doesn't work right. you have to have it on a certain spot on the floor (works best in the kitchen) and it will weigh you different depending on how your feet are placed on it etc... anyway I always end up obsessing over the scale one way or another whether the scale is working or not so I decided it was best not to use it at all.. it has been tempting so I'm not sure why I haven't just thrown the damn thing away... Anyway, I made a post a few weeks ago about how I wanted to lose weight. Here it is if you want to read it.

So far, I've cut out soda completely. This has done two things, it has forced me to drink way more water when I'm thirsty (I'm up to about a gallon a day), and has also helped me stop craving sweets almost completely. I already used to make mostly everything from scratch, and already ate a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and only ate whole grains. Those were not my issues... my issues were just the soda and cutting down on fats and sugars and portion control.. I'm not going to blame my weight on anyone but myself. But I will say this, I was taught to over eat as a child. I can remember being no more than 5 years old, and my mother giving me almost adult sized portions of food and not letting me get up from the table until I finished my plate, every night. I will willingly admit that it took me too long to realize that I had/have a problem with eating too much and I let it go way too far before SERIOUSLY trying to do something about it. I've started doing something here and there and then going right back to my old ways.. I've been sick of being fat my whole life but I was never ready to do anything about it. I was never ready to admit it was my fault that I am the size I am. I'm done being fat, I'm done pretending I'm happy with the way I am...

I got a little off topic there... I also started walking a lot and doing yoga. I'm going to add it other stuff as well but I figure that is a good start... Anyway, so I went to the doctor today and I got weighed.. In the past month I have lost 15lbs! I know some of that might be water weight but it felt really good to see that scale :)

by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by Greta on May. 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Congrats on the weightloss so far & for making lifestyle changes. You'll do great! I need to give up my coke but lack the motivation.  

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on May. 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Way to go momma, keep up the good work ;) My friend's Dr. told her that simply cutting out soda can have a serious effect on the amount of weight you lose. She actually had an approximate number of LBS she could lose if she stopped drinking it for a year. I don't remember what it was, but it was a drastic loss. 

tayanddyl
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Congrats!  You and I are on the same journey! 

amy7243
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Congrats!!! Keep up the great work!!

wandep
by Pam on May. 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Way to go girl!

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Congrats!! 15 pounds is awesome! You must feel lighter and better already.

tinkerxbell
by Emily on May. 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I do :)

Quoting Rushn311:

Congrats!! 15 pounds is awesome! You must feel lighter and better already.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM

congrats! keep up the good work!

mommyprice09
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM

congtrats

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
That's great! Keep up the good work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)