looks like we'll be busy after all! :ol

Posted by   + Show Post

i was hoping that now school is out we'd be able to relax, sleep in some, etc.  that's true for the rest of this month but not so for june.  the first two weeks of june my daughter is doing summer school "camp".  hubby's had to schedule some dr's appointments, which he likes me to go to to help him understand what the dr's talking about (english isn't his native language)  today my daughter got invited to 2 birthday parties, on the same day, one in the am the other late afternoon so she wants to go to both.  i also got an invite for the family to a 40th b-day party & another invite for sunday school teacher appreciation party.  4 invites in one day, i'm feeling so special! ;o)  on top of all that we'll be making dental visits, all 4 of us.

well there's always july!

by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-22):
maxswolfsuit
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM

We never seem to get real down time. I know how you feel!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

ahh!  i hope all goes well for her & she's able to adjust easily to the cast.  i had an immobilizer on my knee for 6-8 weeks when i was in 8th grade.  that was such a pain then.  i can't imagine how such restricition will be for her & you.  hugs & best wishes!

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

She has congenitle scoliosis.. They use a special table that straightens her spine then they put the cast on to keep it straight..Her curve is at 57 right now, they want to get it to 10 then they will fit her for a back brace for her to wear all day long.. Basically it doesnt usually fix the curve in her spine 100%, just keeps it from getting worse and gives us time for her to grow befor they do surgery.. If her curve gets worse it can cause lung and heart problems..

Quoting lizzig:

oh wow!  i can't imagine.  if you don't mind me asking what issue are you trying to fix with the cast?

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Sounds fun!! My daughter gets out of school next week. We are trying to make a last minute family trip at the begining of June, because the end of June my 2 year old has to get a cast on her back for 2 months, then off for a day and on for 2 months, for the net year or more.. We also have my dds 6th bday, neices 6th bday, mother in laws bday, 4th of July party and possibly a camping trip..all this while trying to keep my 2 year old dry because her cast will be ruined if she gets it wet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: