Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to get him :(

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I'm a planner. If I don't plan in advance, I get nervous.

Dh's birthday is in August. I am taking him to a bed and bath in Virginia. We are going to stay for three days. I will be getting him the wine tour, the ghostwalk tour, and then some dinnerwhere they enact a murder and solve it during your dinner.

I really need to find him a gift. I don't know what to get! I wanted to get him Prince concert tickets, but it looks like he is only in Australia this year. Or maybe I jut don't know how to search for concert tickets.

Anyhow.... give me some ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
MrsTBailey
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM
I was also thinking since you are going to the dinner maybe you could arrange it for him to play along with the actors? I really don't know because i have never been to one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I have no idea on what you could get him.  My DH had a birthday this past Friday but he didn't want anything because we are trying to save money for a vacation in July.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM
That's very sweet. Where are you guys thinking about going?

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I have no idea on what you could get him.  My DH had a birthday this past Friday but he didn't want anything because we are trying to save money for a vacation in July.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I've never been to one either. I hope it into cheesy. It had great reviews.

Quoting MrsTBailey:

I was also thinking since you are going to the dinner maybe you could arrange it for him to play along with the actors? I really don't know because i have never been to one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM

lol that figures.. any sports he likes? 

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I normally get him a watch for wither his birthday or Christmas. This year, his mom beat me to it. :(

Quoting jessi2girls:

after these ideas, i'd go simple for the gift, something like a new watch, or something small like that he can open.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Is this in Williamsburg?  If so, the Murder dinner places food is aweful!  The ghost walk is ok, depending on which you do.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I'm so used to men who love sports, after being with my daddy. He watches sports. He would go to a game if somebody awed him to. It isn't something he would do for himself, though.

He is a hug history buff. He has swords from the Nazi war, swords from Japan, gold weight scale that's really old. If that gives you any ideas.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I normally get him a watch for wither his birthday or Christmas. This year, his mom beat me to it. :(

Quoting jessi2girls:

after these ideas, i'd go simple for the gift, something like a new watch, or something small like that he can open.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Lol oh no..... really? Darn it. If the food is awful, he's going to be pissed. He is a totally Foodie. That's out.

He likes Kobe beef, fresh seafood, sushi..... any suggestions?

Quoting mrswillie:

Is this in Williamsburg?  If so, the Murder dinner places food is aweful!  The ghost walk is ok, depending on which you do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I really like what you have planned, so far.

jessi2girls
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM

well a trip to gettysburg I'm sure he's love if he's into american war history..

Amazing place! but perhaps another year..

What about a WW1 or 2  ammo box? If he's into guns, and such, it would not only be a collectable (pretty affordable on ebay).. but useful to store ammo in.

Or perhaps you could get a pin up girl painting done of yourself in front of an older model WW2 airplane?

Tickets to an airshow or museum for things like this?

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

I'm so used to men who love sports, after being with my daddy. He watches sports. He would go to a game if somebody awed him to. It isn't something he would do for himself, though.

He is a hug history buff. He has swords from the Nazi war, swords from Japan, gold weight scale that's really old. If that gives you any ideas.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)