Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sports for your daughters

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM
  • 23 Replies
What sport is your daughter in? We would like to find something for DD that is not cheer, dance, or ballet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnghtsprnkle
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter plays Lacrosse for her school, the older one played volleyball for her school..

soontobemommie3
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM
My daughter isn't yet. But, im sure she'll play tee ball then softball.

Have you thought about soccer? Tennis? Basketball? Volleyball?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM

No little girls in this household! Sorry!

RiNKeasMom
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM

My 8yo DD plays softball in the Spring and tackle football in the Fall.

My 4yo DD is starting soccer this fall. She's been begging to play but hasn't been old enough until this year.

Rain2Rinse
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Her daddy would have a heart attack, but tackle football sounds awesome. Her uncle plays college ball. He cousin, and two uncles went pro. Growing up, it was all football, all of the time. My dad has an entire room dedicated to football. He would love this!

Quoting RiNKeasMom:

My 4yo DD is starting soccer this fall. She's been begging to play but hasn't been old enough until this year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My daughter plays soccer. This is her 6th season. She loves it. It costs $100 but they supplied the socks, shorts and jersey. They practice once a week and have about 12 games.

Both of my kids also do a bowling league from fall to spring.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

She isn't into any at the moment but she would love to play basketball next year at school.

critter_boo
by Sarah on May. 22, 2012 at 8:45 AM
She will be in soccer in the fall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiNKeasMom
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Her daddy would have a heart attack, but tackle football sounds awesome. Her uncle plays college ball. He cousin, and two uncles went pro. Growing up, it was all football, all of the time. My dad has an entire room dedicated to football. He would love this!

Quoting RiNKeasMom:

Hubby almost didn't let her LOL. But, when he realized she was bigger than the boys (most girls are at this age) and had that advantage, plus on top of it all the little boys were scared to tackle her he became ok with it. She ended up being so good at tackling she is a defensive linebacker, hahaha.

Strega
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Our Girl (She'll be 9 on Memorial Day) had talked about wanting to play Soccer for the longest time, but when it came time to register her, she'd changed her mind.

She's a girly girl--I can't really see her doing anything real Sporty (although she did mention Cheer a time or two). She tossed around the idea of Ballet, but ultimately chose Gymnastics. She'll be starting soon.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)